Westmoreland Museum of American Art
Website Westmoreland Museum of American Art
The Westmoreland Museum of American Art is at an exciting moment and looking for an enthusiastic events professional to take our Museum event and outside rental programs to the next level as the Full-Time Events Manager.
The Event Manager supports the Director of Visitor Experiences and Events and is responsible for the planning, prioritizing and coordinating of all aspects of the Museum’s special events and private rental events. This individual will manage the Museum events calendar as well as collaborate with other Museum Teams, volunteers and independent contractors on event set-ups and during events. Responsibilities will be performed in support of the Museum’s mission, policies and procedures, with an emphasis on exceptional customer service. The Manager helps to create a positive and enjoyable experience for all guests while ensuring Museum property is always kept safe, clean and properly maintained.
- Responsible for managing all rental inquiries, scheduling site visits, meeting with potential renters, planning event details, working events, and maintaining files as needed for Museum private rentals.
- Coordination, planning and execution of Museum and rental events in collaboration with Director of
- Visitor Services and Events, Visitor Services Team , Events Team, and Facilities Teams.
- Provide excellent customer service, reflecting the mission and values of the Westmoreland.
- Maintains an enjoyable, safe, clean and well organized event by:
- Executing table and chair set up and breakdown
- Executing food and beverage preparation, setup and clean up
- Managing staff, volunteers and independent contractors for event
- Cleaning, recycling and ensuring a clean environment at all times
- Placing event décor, linens, table settings, etc.
- Greeting vendors and guests and directing them as appropriate
- Enforcing venue policies and procedures
- Answering questions and providing directions
- Follows Museum safety procedures in performing all duties of the job.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Visitor Experiences and Events.
- 3 years minimum experience working with the public in a special events setting, experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Willingness and flexibility to work with a diverse population of guests, vendors, clients and staff.
- Dependable, prompt and must have reliable transportation to arrive on time.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- ServSafe and Ramp certification preferred.
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours including various days, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory verification FBI fingerprint, PA Child Abuse (Act 33) and PA Criminal (Act 34) Clearances.
The Museum is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Museum does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com