Winchester Thurston School
Website Winchester Thurston School
Winchester Thurston is a PreK - 12 independent school.
Winchester Thurston School (WT), a nationally recognized and innovative Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 independent day school in Pittsburgh, seeks an individual to manage and maintain WT’s Raiser’s Edge database and serve on the team charged with raising nearly $5 million annually to support WT’s programs, students and faculty. The Advancement Services Coordinator provides key administrative support to the Director and Associate Director of Advancement and requires positive engagement with other Advancement team members to ensure effective, consistent data entry and gift recorded processes, information systems management, and financial reporting. The ideal individual has experience working with databases and/or The Raiser’s Edge, is comfortable with gift entry and donor acknowledgments, and is facile with the construction and execution of complex queries, exports, and reports, including donor stewardship reports, prospect management reports, and mailing lists for publications and special events.
The Advancement Services Coordinator is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Gather, sort, and open Advancement mail; date stamp each gift envelope and prepare an itemization of gifts through batch reports created in RE; e-mail itemization daily (when applicable) to the Advancement staff
- Ensure correct, timely processing of all charitable gifts, including recording gifts in the database, processing credit card gifts, and transferring funds to the Business Office
- Promptly produce and acknowledge all gifts within 48 hours of receipt
- Manage process of honoree and memorial gifts
- Review and record all deceased records as well as other critical data enrichment updates as potential planned giving prospects
- Schedule and prepare pledge confirmations and reminders in a manner that is timely and aligns with the intent of donors, including follow-up reports for foundations, corporations, and individuals
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the Director of Advancement, Associate Director of Advancement, advancement team members, and volunteers
- Enter, maintain, and be accountable for data in The Raiser’s Edge database, including the accuracy and integrity of donor data files; efficient performance of data entry; recommendation and implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines for data entry as necessary
- Build data fields and provide lists to support Advancement Office activities
- Scan, file, and organize scanned materials that verify donor intentions
- Collaborate with the Business Office to produce annual audit reports for the auditors and for the annual reports to Index and DASL
- Assist the Associate Director of Advancement in segmenting and coding appeal audiences, monitoring and coordinating mailings, and tracking the progress of direct mail solicitations
- Support the Associate Director of Advancement in managing the portfolio of a third party caller and in the facilitation of the volunteer peer-to-peer fundraising network
- Collect demographic data and conduct wealth screenings to better the department’s understanding of a community member’s social circles, philanthropic capacity, and interests
- Update templates and prepare donor profiles as needed
- Partner with IT personnel to develop and enhance Advancement operations related to technology, such as integrating and maintaining data systems connected to the donor database
- Collaborate with the Business and Admission Offices to ensure quality data and relational understandings through the data systems in all three offices, facilitating a regular syncing of data in Connect RE
- Join Advancement colleagues with a positive and enthusiastic attitude during phone-a-thons and face-to-face events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 1-3 years of experience working with a donor database system
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge is preferred but not required
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Strong collaboration skills and adept at sharing resources and information within a team environment
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle confidential information
Applicants may apply at https://www.applitrack.com/winchesterthurston/onlineapp and will need to submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for 3 professional references.
Winchester Thurston School is an equal opportunity employer. WT is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic community and strongly encourages applications from people of color, LGBTQ candidates, and women.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.