Winchester Thurston School
Website Winchester Thurston School
Winchester Thurston is a PreK - 12 independent school.
Winchester Thurston School, a nationally recognized and innovative Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 independent day school in Pittsburgh, seeks an experienced fundraising professional to fill the position of Director of Leadership Philanthropy. The Director of Leadership Philanthropy manages a portfolio of major and planned gift prospects to solicit for the upcoming 3-year capital campaign as well as for annual and endowment support. For the campaign, the Director of Leadership Philanthropy will ensure that all aspects of the campaign run smoothly and efficiently, including execution of the campaign operating plan, adherence to the campaign timetable, and achievement of the campaign goals.
The Director of Leadership Philanthropy will work closely with the Director of Advancement (who will be the campaign director), the Campaign Coordinator, each of the gift officers, the Advancement team, the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees, other campaign leaders and consultants, and the Marketing and Communications team. The individual in this position performs under the general direction of the Head of School and under the supervision of the Director of Advancement.
The Director of Leadership Philanthropy is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with assigned Advancement staff and the Campaign Coordinator to manage campaign events, including regional cultivation events, the public campaign launch, high-level stewardship events – including ground-breaking, recognition events, and campaign close events
- Oversee campaign reporting, collaborating with campaign consultants where necessary, to ensure that staff, volunteers, Board of Trustees, and others are informed of campaign progress and important metrics and analysis
- Manage a pipeline of major and planned gift prospects and donors, moving donors through the process, including: (a) Prioritizing and organizing the prospect pipeline; (b) Developing targeted cultivation plans and solicitation strategies; (c) Preparing comprehensive briefing documents in collaboration with Campaign Coordinator that include financial and biographical research and suggested talking points for volunteers and staff solicitors; (d) Reporting all pertinent information relating to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship to the Campaign Coordinator; and (e) Supporting all staff and volunteers who manage major donor relationships to ensure donors move to next giving levels or programs
- Serve as the liaison to the Board of Trustees, the Director of Advancement, and the Head of School to schedule cultivation and solicitation meetings, with accountability for all logistics and details related to the meetings
- Work in collaboration with the Campaign Coordinator to manage all aspects of data management for identified donors and prospects
- Serve as a resource for the Advancement team on Planned Giving and support the Director of Advancement in expanding the Planned Giving program, including collaborating with Director of Advancement and Director of Marketing and Communications to create and update planned giving collateral
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience
- 3-5 years of experience working with a donor database system and coordinating a major fundraising initiative
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with colleagues, donors, and volunteers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Strong collaboration skills and adept at sharing resources and information within a team environment
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle confidential information
Applicants may apply at https://www.applitrack.com/winchesterthurston/onlineapp and will need to submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for 3 professional references.
Winchester Thurston School is an equal opportunity employer. WT is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic community and strongly encourages applications from people of color, LGBTQ candidates, and women.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.