Winchester Thurston School
Website Winchester Thurston School
Winchester Thurston is a PreK - 12 independent school.
Winchester Thurston School, a Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 independent school in Pittsburgh, announces a search for a full-time Technology Support Professional (support staff position).
The Technology Support Professional provides operational technology support to the Winchester Thurston School community. This individual works as part of a team to manage the various technology needs of the school. The Technology Support Professional performs under the general direction of the Head of School and under the daily supervision of the Director of Operational Technology. The individual in this position works closely and in collaboration with the other members of the Technology Department, faculty, staff, and students. The Technology Support Professional provides support in a manner that advances and upholds the mission and philosophy of Winchester Thurston School. The individual in this position enhances the School’s reputation by embracing customer service as a core goal and by accepting ownership of and adding value to tasks and responsibilities in a professional manner.
Systems at WT consist of Windows and Apple computers, Chrome OS devices, tablet devices (e.g., iPads), multi-function copiers and printers, firewalls, hypervisors, network attached storage, networking switches, and wireless access points. The network offers a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) option for personal devices, as well as remote access to the internal network through a VPN client. The Technology Support Professional will primarily support faculty, staff and students at the operational level and must have a high degree of professionalism, meet multiple deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
The Technology Support Professional is responsible for the following tasks:
- Serve as the first point of contact for technology needs around the school, providing friendly, courteous support while independently solving end-user issues and requests
- Resolve technology help desk requests in a timely manner, seeking assistance from other Technology Department team members, as needed, for assistance with addressing complex situations or managing high volumes of requests
- Collaborate with other members of the Technology Department to troubleshoot and resolve technology conditions efficiently, effectively, and thoughtfully
- With the support of the Technology Department, continue developing problem-solving skills to allow for the resolution of complex technology issues more independently while also reducing the need to escalate issues to other Technology Department members
- Assist with supporting and training faculty, staff, and students in the use of hardware, software, and services, including, but not limited to, the School’s Blackbaud learning management solution, computer devices, projectors, sound equipment, and lighting
- Provide training and support to employees, students, and rental partners related to school events and extra-curricular activities
- Assist with the deployment, troubleshooting, maintenance, and replacement of hardware devices, including, but not limited to, Chromebooks, laptops, projectors, iPads, copiers, and printers
- Assist users with troubleshooting day-to-day technology issues, including, but not limited to, email/account sign-in issues, connecting to the correct wireless network, adding printers, connecting to projectors, and restarting or resetting of devices
- Assist with the creation and management of user credentials related to the various computer systems in use throughout the facility
- Pursue opportunities to remain up to date on technologies and related best practices
- Collaborate with the Director of Operational Technology and Manager of Educational Technology to develop, implement, and utilize processes and procedures that support the operational and educational technology objectives and the mission of the School
- Cross-train with other members of the Technology Department for the purposes of educating oneself and assisting with the coverage of technology-related tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree (or higher) and/or equivalent combination of training and experience is required
- Experience in academic computing environments, instructional design, educational technology development, and/or faculty development/support and training
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Apple and Google operating systems and software, Google Apps for Education, Blackbaud and multi-platform environments
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills are required, with a strong commitment to customer service
- Proven ability to analyze situations, employ creative and effective decision-making to solve problems, appropriately escalate issues, and achieve results
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of tasks, and have a growth mindset
- Ability to work in a team environment that emphasizes total cooperation and mutual respect
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility to work some non-traditional hours, as necessary, to fulfill project requirements or resolve system failures
Applicants may apply at https://www.applitrack.com/winchesterthurston/onlineapp and will need to submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for 3 professional references.
Winchester Thurston School is an equal opportunity employer. WT is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic community and strongly encourages applications from people of color, LGBTQ candidates, and women.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.