Winchester Thurston School
Website Winchester Thurston School
Winchester Thurston is a PreK - 12 independent school.
Winchester Thurston School, an innovative Pre-K through grade 12 independent day school in Pittsburgh, seeks a long-term substitute for the Upper School Librarian position. The length of this assignment is anticipated to be from January through March 2022. This position requires an energetic individual who will embrace working with Upper School students and will help to ensure that the library’s academic and technology resources complement, enhance, and extend the school’s educational program. A successful candidate will be a creative and collaborative professional who will work well with the library staff, students and colleagues. The individual in this position will perform under the general direction of the Head of School and the daily supervision of the Director of Upper School.
- Collaborate with Division Directors and faculty members on specific needs and opportunities to utilize library resources
- Support the Lower and Middle School librarians with duties and activities, such as cataloging, processing books and/or other activities, as needed
- Supervise students in library spaces
- Provide instruction for students in the use of library resources
- Serve as a ready resource to students to provide research assistance
- Manage the circulation and distribution of library resources to students, faculty, and staff
- Manage the physical library space, keeping it clean, organized, and ready for all patrons
- Develop and arrange relevant library displays
- Work with the Upper School Counselor to promote wellness programming in the library
- Develop and arrange media center displays and library programming
- Supervise student clubs and activities including, but not limited to, Battle of the Books, Creative Writing Club, and Book Lovers Club
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and/or equivalent experience is required; a Master’s degree in Library Science, Information Studies, or a similar field is preferred
- Experience working with students in grades 9 – 12 in a school setting is preferred
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience using Follett Destiny Library Manager
- Experience using databases, such as Gale, Ebsco, and Power Library
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Successful completion of all PA required clearances, background checks, and Mandated Reporter Training
- Proof of COVID vaccination
Applicants may apply at https://www.applitrack.com/winchesterthurston/onlineapp and will need to submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for 3 professional references.
Winchester Thurston School is an equal opportunity employer. WT is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic community and strongly encourages applications from people of color, LGBTQ candidates, and women.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.