Women for a Healthy Environment (WHE) seeks a full-time Development Associate to join its nonprofit team dedicated to educating and empowering community members to act as ambassadors about environmental risks. Through outreach and communication, educational workshops, technical assistance and coalition-building, WHE delivers programming that focuses on Healthy Homes, Healthy Schools and Healthy Early Learning Centers. The organization advocates for policy solutions that aim to better protect public health and reduce the risk of exposure to environmental toxins.
The Associate will support a range of fundraising activities including:
- Institutional support – identify and develop grant proposals and corresponding grant reports
- Individual giving – manage and grow a robust multi-channel annual giving program, including WHE’s Leadership Council and board fundraising efforts
- Events and sponsorships – assist in the development and execution of fundraising events, including solicitation of sponsorships
- Communications including social media – support the organization’s communication strategies, including website updates and integration with WHE’s donor database
- Development administration (database management /donor acknowledgements /etc.)
The successful candidate should have an Associate’s degree and 3-5 years experience in the non-profit setting. Ideally, the candidate will have a four-year college degree in any of the following fields: English, philosophy, marketing or communications. The candidate should possess strong writing abilities, excellent communication skills and attention to detail. In addition, the candidate should be extremely computer-proficient including using MS Office products, be able to work well with diverse constituencies, multi-task, and respond to short notice deadlines. The successful candidate will be a socially conscious, enthusiast of the non-profit world with a strong interest in environmental health risks.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Start date is immediate.
***While applicants who have experience in all of these areas are highly encouraged—individuals that demonstrate the passion and intelligence to develop these skills are of equal merit.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Deadline for submission is April 2, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to Michelle@WomenForaHealthyEnvironment.org