Women for a Healthy Environment (WHE) seeks a full-time Healthy Schools Coordinator to join its nonprofit team dedicated to educating and empowering community members to act as ambassadors about environmental risks. Through outreach and education, technical assistance and advocacy, WHE delivers programming that focuses on Healthy Homes, Healthy Schools and Healthy Early Learning Centers. The organization advocates for policy solutions that aim to better protect public health and reduce the risk of exposure to environmental harms.
The Coordinator will focus on the organization’s strategic plan goals focused on creating green and healthy K-12 learning environments across Southwestern Pennsylvania. The successful candidate will be a socially conscious, enthusiast of the non-profit world, with demonstrated knowledge of environmental health issues. The candidate should have a Bachelors degree in public health and 3-5 years’ experience in the non-profit field. To learn more about the Healthy Schools program, visit this link: www.HealthySchoolsPA.org
- Deliver Healthy Schools curricula to students and programming to school community members across southwestern PA;
- Coordinate the organization’s annual Healthy Schools Recognition Program and Healthy Schools Summit;
- Provide technical assistance and resources to schools focused on a creating a healthy learning environment;
- Develop relationships with state agencies, school personnel, as well as parents and community members;
- Organize school forums and events to educate and mobilize target populations;
- Make informational presentations about the organization’s priorities whenever possible;
- Assist in the development of WHE publications and resource materials, such as fact sheets, press releases, blogs and other written materials that effectively communicate organization objectives for Healthy Schools in a concise manner;
- Update the program information on the organization website on an ongoing basis, create a monthly newsletter and communicate via social media;
- Keep informed about scientific research and initiatives related to environmental health and healthy schools.
To apply for this job email your details to Michelle@WomenForaHealthyEnvironment.org