Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
Website Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
About the agency. Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh (WC&S) is a comprehensive domestic violence program annually serving over 7,500 adult and child survivors of domestic violence & facilitating an intervention program to over 500 people who are abusive. We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety, healing, and empowerment for anyone affected by domestic violence. Our mission is to strengthen our ability to meet the individual and evolving needs of those affected by domestic violence by investing in the growth of our people, deepening community engagement, and amplifying the voices of all survivors. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values of Safety, Uplifting Others, Compassion, Courage, Equity, Survivor-Centered Advocacy, and Stewardship (SUCCESS).
About the role. As a Development Assistant, you will provide administrative and logistical support to WC&S’ Development Team, while having the opportunity to experience many facets of fundraising and communications, including volunteer management, database entry, acknowledgement processing, special events, content gathering, and more.
This role provides you with the opportunity to showcase your organizational and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to contribute to the organization’s mission in a variety of ways. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in a career in nonprofit development fundraising and/or communications. If you are comfortable remaining flexible in a high-paced environment and are passionate about supporting populations experiencing intimate partner violence, we are eager to hear from you. WC&S will offer you an environment that provides endless opportunities to advance your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Here’s what you will do:
- Learn the Raiser’s Edge database in order to assist the Development Database Coordinator with gift entry and acknowledgment processing
- Organize and execute development and communications mailings, and department inventory
- Administrative and logistical support for special events (mailings, signage, solicitation of silent auction items, etc.)
- Assist with volunteer project details and oversee volunteers while onsite at WC&S
Administrative and logistical support for committee and internal meetings, including development, communications, and special event committees as well as monthly internal grant meetings (set up conference call dates/times, take meeting minutes)
- Meet regularly with the Development Manager, Operations & Special Events to review and discuss issues and opportunities related to the development department and to receive and prioritize tasks
- This position requires being available 40 hours per week; typical schedule is Monday through Friday, mostly onsite, with evenings and weekends as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor and works collaboratively with the Development Manager, Operations & Special Events on related tasks
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Communications, Marketing, or related area preferred; Associate’s degree with 2+ years nonprofit or administrative experience considered (commensurate experience will be considered)
- If no professional work experience, nonprofit internship experience required
- Experience with a CRM database a plus; if none, the ability and willingness to learn thoroughly
- Excellent organizational skills and extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to remain flexible in a high-paced environment
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Comfortable with autonomy and working with a team
A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of abuse, power and control dynamic, cultural diversity issues, and child abuse and neglect
- Ability to establish healthy boundaries, trust, respect and rapport with others
- Ability to understand and adhere to strict confidentiality and safety procedures
- Strong command of general technology, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Desire to work in an organization committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as part of its values
- Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances required
About the benefits. WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; paid training and professional development opportunities; and is a Public Service [Student] Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer.
WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by Friday, May 29, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org