About the Agency: WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program annually serving over 7,500 adult and child survivors of domestic violence & facilitating an intervention program to over 500 people who are abusive. We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety, healing, and empowerment for anyone affected by domestic violence. Our Mission is to strengthen our ability to meet the individual and evolving needs of those affected by domestic violence by investing in the growth of our people, deepening community engagement, and amplifying the voices of all survivors. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values of Safety, Uplifting Others, Compassion, Courage, Equity, Survivor-Centered Advocacy, and Stewardship.
About the Role: As the Development Database Associate, your primary role is to manage the donor database and stewardship cycle. You will be responsible for the timely and accurate entry of donor data into the Raiser’s Edge database, facilitating the acknowledgement process, coordinating and administering specialized development data functions such as creating complex queries and running reports to assist with the strategies and tactics set forth in the agency development plan, building monthly development reports which are shared with the WC&S Board of Directors, and managing direct mail campaigns. The successful candidate will be an expert in Raiser’s Edge or a similar CRM donor software, demonstrate superb attention to detail, and be a proactive self-learner. This role is highly administrative and supports the overall functionality of the agency’s Development Department. This role is based out of the main WC&S building with the majority of the time being spent onsite due to responsibilities of this role, with potential flexibility for working remotely up to 2 days per week.
This role provides you with the opportunity to showcase your skills in data entry, administration, donor stewardship, organization, and attention to detail. If you love data, want to use your expertise to make a difference in your community, and are excited to be part of a dynamic Development Team and support a worthy mission, we want to hear from you.
Here’s what you will do:
- Manages donor information by entering and maintaining accurate records for all financial and in-kind donations in the Raiser’s Edge database. This includes donations in the form of checks, online, credit card, United Way, additional employee giving portals, WC&S employee gifts, stocks, Facebook, ACH, bequests, and more.
- Uses Raiser’s Edge to generate various reports on individual, organization, foundation, and corporate giving, including donor trends.
- Works in conjunction with the Finance team to ensure proper donation record keeping.
- Generates mailing lists for direct mail campaigns and all house mailings; prepares accurate donor lists for publications such as the annual report; generates acknowledgements and commemorative cards in a timely manner; and is responsible for the agency’s bulk mail account and processing of bulk mail.
- Administers pledge program to include gift processing and the routine generation of reports and invoices; processes credit card transactions and generates related contribution reports; processes address corrections and other donor database updates in a timely manner.
- Assists with the development, management, and updating of policies and procedures for donor database management and reporting.
- Conducts research on donors and prospects as needed for development efforts; gathers content for and creates the monthly Development Report; and leads elements of the annual staff giving campaign.
- Works in conjunction with the Chief Development Officer and development team in creating and implementing the yearly development plan while also providing updates on outcomes and outputs through Raiser’s Edge.
- Supports all Development Department activities as required, including providing administrative support for special events and all development-related tasks.
- This full-time (40 hours), non-exempt position requires being available for regular business hours and occasional evenings and weekends. Currently the position is primarily onsite with the ability to work remotely up to 2 days per week.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Associate degree in related field and 3 years fundraising/development or related experience required. A combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience utilizing CRM donor software is required, with preference given to those with experience in Raiser’s Edge.
- Adept in utilizing general technology including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Outlook, and online software platforms.
- A demonstration of superb organizational and time management skills as well as a strong attention to detail.
- A demonstration of effective communication, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
- Ability to understand confidentiality and safety procedures.
- A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of abuse, power and control dynamic, cultural diversity issues, and child abuse and neglect.
- Experience working in organizations with a successful track record in diversity and inclusion cultures preferred.
- Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances will be required.
WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including: generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; paid training and professional development opportunities; and is a Public Service (Student) Loan Forgiveness eligible employer.
WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
This position will remain open until we find the best candidate for the position. To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter with subject line “Development Database Associate” to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of business on Tuesday September 14th, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com