Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
Website Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
GENERAL SUMMARY: Supports the organization’s Mission, Guiding Principles and Values and Women’s Center Business System (WCBS), along with sensitivity of cultural and workplace harmony.
SUMMARY: Performs various data entry, bookkeeping, accounting and Clerical functions within the Finance & Information Systems Department.
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
- Processes daily cash receipts including preparation for deposit, daily banking, determining general ledger accounts to be applied to payments, entering data into the general ledger system, and updating subsidiary ledgers for payments against the various contracts
- Maintains accounts payable computer system files including vendor information, invoice entry, checks generation, and printing and posting of transactions
- Processes vendor invoices and staff travel forms daily including verification of math, ensuring appropriate approvals and documentation, coding of general ledger account number(s) and forwards to CFO for approval
- Secures appropriate signature on accounts payable checks and distributes internally and externally
- Participates in the annual audit preparation.
- Assists staff with procedures relating to travel and accounts payable area.
- Prepares forms and spreadsheets as needed for accounts payable, payroll, and restricted funding reports.
- Maintains payroll system files for regular and substitute employees.
- Generates semi-monthly payroll and prepares requests for payment of associated costs.
- Assist staff with payroll related procedures and provides information regarding pay, deductions and benefits.
- Processes invoices for employee benefits and deductions. Reconciles to general ledger and makes adjusting entries.
- Prepares various employee deduction forms.
- Prepares and distributes annual compensation schedules to employees.
- Prepares annual pension administration package, including census data, employee loan activity schedule, and summary form. Works with actuary on any issues. Reviews final report for accuracy.
- Prepares forms and spreadsheets as needed for accounts payable, payroll, and restricted funding reports. Distributes updates.
- Maintains accounting department hard copy files, including storage, for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Performs clerical functions for the Finance/IS Department.
- Meets regularly with the Accounting Manager to review and prioritize assignments and discuss problems.
- Assures JARS is utilized in department activities related to the security of the building and the confidentiality and security of client data.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum high school graduate with advanced accounting or finance education preferred.
- Non-for-profit/fund accounting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of G.A.A.P.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook software.
- Financial Edge software experience a plus.
- Proficiency in use of computer hardware.
- Sensitive to domestic violence and cultural diversity issues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- FBI, Act 33 and 34 clearances required.
Comprehensive benefit package with annual Salary of $30,000
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com