Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
Website Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
About the organization. WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program annually serving over 7,500 adult and child survivors of domestic violence & facilitating an intervention program to over 500 people who are abusive. We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety, healing, and empowerment for anyone affected by domestic violence. Our Mission is to strengthen our ability to meet the individual and evolving needs of those affected by domestic violence by investing in the growth of our people, deepening community engagement, and amplifying the voices of all survivors. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values of Safety, Uplifting Others, Compassion, Courage, Equity, Survivor-Centered Advocacy, and Stewardship.
About the role. As the Housing Stability and Rapid Re-Housing Case Manager, your primary role is to assist survivors of intimate partner violence (IPV) with housing search, placement, and stability. You will connect with survivors in person and over the phone to assess their housing needs, develop an action plan for locating housing, and facilitate housing relocation and stabilization services. Due to the sensitive nature of our work, it is important that you understand abusive family dynamics, including IPV, cycle of abuse, power and control dynamics, child abuse, neglect and trauma. This role will be based out of the main WC&S facility, with some local travel necessary. This full-time, temporary role offers a flexible schedule and the opportunity for some remote work. This temporary position is funded through April, but there will be options for continued employment if desired.
The successful candidate will possess strong assessment, case management, and documentation skills, be a resourceful problem solver with strong attention to detail and timelines, practice trauma-informed care, and have a “Housing First” philosophy. If you are passionate about serving those experiencing IPV by promoting self-sufficiency and housing stability and have experience in housing and case management, then we are eager to hear from you. This role provides you with the opportunity to grow and showcase your skills while contributing to the Mission of WC&S in a variety of ways.
Here’s what you will do:
- Facilitate and coordinate housing needs of clients residing in the Emergency Shelter and those placed in hotels.
- Oversee housing search and placement, housing stability case management, and housing relocation and stabilization services for clients.
- Assess housing needs, develop action plans, assist with housing search and outreach, assist with rental applications and leases, assess housing for compliance, and assist with utilities and moving arrangements.
- Provide tenant and housing stability counseling; assess and coordinate the delivery of individualized housing stability services; monitor and evaluate program participant progress.
- Collect and report program data.
- This position requires being available 40 hours per week and offers excellent flexibility. Typical schedule is Monday – Friday business hours but some evening and weekend hours may be required based on the needs of clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field preferred; at least two years’ experience in human services field required.
- A demonstration of strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines; experience with concentrated record keeping, budgeting, and mathematical skills and the ability to produce required reports to Federal, State, and local government agencies and funding sources.
- A demonstration of knowledge and understanding of tenant’s rights and responsibilities, community resources, social service agencies, and landlords; an understanding of, or a willingness to learn, “Housing First” philosophy and strategies.
- Valid driver’s license and a car preferred; the ability to travel efficiently throughout Allegheny County required.
- A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of abuse, power and control dynamics, trauma, cultural diversity issues and child abuse and neglect.
- Strong command of general technology including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite is required; familiarity and understanding of information technology, including Salesforce, Tableau, and Teams strongly preferred.
- Experience working in organizations with a successful track record in diversity and inclusion cultures preferred.
- Act 33/34 and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances will be required.
About the benefits. WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including: generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; paid training and professional development opportunities; and is a Public Service (Student) Loan Forgiveness eligible employer. This position is also eligible for premium pay for on-site work.
WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment to all.
To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter via email with the subject line “Housing Stability & Rapid Re-Housing Case Manager” by November 26th to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org