Woodlands Foundation, Inc.
Website Woodlands Foundation, Inc.
Imagine the Possibilities
Job Category: Full-time, Exempt
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, 403(b), Vacation/PTO
Supervisor: Deputy Director of Advancement & Operations
Since 1998, The Woodlands has provided children and adults with disabilities a barrier-free environment, innovative programs and activities, and an impassioned, nurturing staff. With its 52-acre campus complete with a nature trail, fully accessible Aquatics, Wellness and Fitness Center, an adaptive par-3 golf course, a sports court, and plenty of outdoor space, The Woodlands offers the ideal environment to explore physical activity and community and social integration.
The Woodlands seeks a Development Manager to partner with senior staff to advance the fundraising efforts of the organization. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage key fundraising efforts with a focus on The Woodlands’ annual special events and individual giving. The Development Manager will develop and maintain a prospect portfolio to optimize fundraising opportunities and execute the cultivation, solicitation and management of corporate partners and the identification of alternate revenue streams in support of revenue objectives. The Development Manager reports to the Deputy Director of Advancement & Operations, will have a supervisory role with support staff and/or professional positions, and will collaborate frequently with the Board of Directors, The Woodlands Auxiliary, and members of special event committees.
Special Events/Individual Giving
- In conjunction with the Deputy Director of Advancement & Operations, maintain, expand and implement an annual fundraising plan with financial goals, objectives, and strategies for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting corporate support and individual giving.
- Establish and maintain a donor cultivation and gift stewardship program to ensure that new donors are developed, have opportunities to increase their level of support, and enjoy a close relationship with The Woodlands.
- Assist with the establishment of annual goals and metrics for corporate giving including the creation of specific strategies designed to reach all goals and objectives.
- Prepare written material, including correspondence, solicitation requests, gift acknowledgement, and regular communications with prospects and donors as part of a donor stewardship program.
- Work with the Board of Directors and event committees on the identification and solicitation of event sponsors.
- Create and manage timelines and schedules for all events, meeting designated deadlines.
- Schedule and conduct regular update and planning meetings with internal and external committee members/stakeholders.
- Oversee and ensure the administration of sponsor recognition benefits.
- Manage all correspondence related to special events to include sponsorship packages; collateral marketing materials; general correspondence; and acknowledgement letters.
- Provide leadership, direction and oversight to volunteers/staff committees working on special events.
- Direct all pre-event and on-site event logistics, as well as supervise on-site event staff and volunteers.
- Manage the day-of-event program including speakers, special guests and entertainment.
- Manage the production and distribution of all event materials to include sponsorship packages; collateral marketing and presentation materials; signage; acknowledgements; programs; etc.
- Work closely with the Financial Coordinator to monitor income and expenses as they relate to special events and individual giving.
- Evaluate annually the return on investment and efficacy of each special event and make appropriate recommendations.
Corporate & Organization Relations
- Identify and manage a case load of active prospects for both existing and alternate revenue streams and implement and execute strategies for solicitation and cultivation of these prospects, ensuring regular interaction through mail/email, telephone, on-site campus visits, personal visits, etc.
- Analyze and leverage constituent donor data to plan strategies for growth.
- Manage and grow all aspects of the Corporate Volunteer Program to include the development of an ongoing Volunteer Recognition Program.
- Follows all policies and procedures as required by WFI, accreditation and licensing agencies.
- Attends all scheduled staff meetings.
- Completes all assigned duties in the allotted time frame.
- Demonstrates commitment to the individuals being served through professional presentation of self and through initiative, enthusiasm, and flexibility.
- Remains current through the review of related literature and technology. Supports a spirit of inquiry and innovation in practice.
- Accepts responsibility for professional development.
- Identifies potential risks and investigates incidents. Takes appropriate corrective action and evaluates effectiveness.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Maintains an active role in the appropriate professional associations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, or related field.
- A minimum of four years of fundraising experience with an emphasis on Special Events and a proven track record of success.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized and able to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adhering to deadlines and adjusting to shifting priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and active listening skills.
- Superior leadership, organizational and management skills.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience with a donor database.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate success in fundraising.
- Computer literate with demonstrated skills using MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; Internet savvy.
- Able to articulate organizational needs, aspirations, and opportunities with clarity and enthusiasm.
- Act 33/34 Clearance
- Valid PA driver’s license
- Work related travel
Send cover letter and resume via email to Rachel Clark, Administrative Manager, at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org