Woodlands Foundation, Inc.
Website Woodlands Foundation, Inc.
Job Category: Full-Time
Supervisor: Program Manager
Pay Range: $32,000-$40,000
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, 403(b), Vacation
Position Summary: The Staffing and Volunteer Coordinator for Program Services is responsible for the full-cycle recruitment of all necessary Programs Staff Positions; the management of all internships, practicums, and Program Services volunteer initiatives; and assists with the Programs Department’s operations, compliance efforts, and human resources management.
Full-Cycle Programs Department Staff Recruitment
- Manage the complete recruitment cycle of all Woodlands Programs Department positions as needed, including but not limited to: Weekend & Summer Respite Programming Staff; Club Program Staff; Kitchen Staff and independent contractors.
- Work closely with the Program Manager on the scheduling of Program staff.
- Maintain established and cultivate new, recruitment relationships with colleges and universities.
- Serve as the primary Woodlands representative at off-site recruitment events, including: Career Fairs, Summer Camp Fairs, classroom presentations, individual tabling opportunities, outreach to student clubs and organizations at both the high school and college level, community partner visits, and professional development opportunities.
- Advertise and promote all Programs Department employment opportunities, in collaboration with the Woodlands Marketing & Events Manager, through the employment of targeted electronic mailings, social media postings, video creation, and the creation and distribution of Woodlands employment literature.
- Maintain all college-based and external job posting sites that advertise Programs Department employment opportunities.
- Maintain and develop up-to-date recruitment partner databases and mailing lists.
- Screen, interview, and collect application materials for all Woodlands Programs Department applicants, conducting applicant reference checks.
- Maintain Programs Department Monthly Compliance Checks.
- Compose appropriate offer letters for chosen Programs staff candidates and manage the onboarding process of new Programs Department employees to completion; including but not limited to collection of all required clearances, I-9 completion, and drug testing.
- Work closely with the Administrative Manager to ensure all onboarding materials are up to date, ordering of drug testing kits, supplying workman’s compensation incident reports and supporting paperwork, and Act 168 documentation is completed.
- Maintain accurate disciplinary records for part-time program staff.
- Transport staff to a medical facility if needed.
Internship, Practicum, and Program Services Volunteer Coordination
- Manage all aspects of Woodlands’ Program Services Volunteer initiatives, including practicums, internships, and contact hours; Woodlands volunteer events; and the oversight of Staffing and Volunteer interns and summer-term subordinates.
- Write letters of recommendations and complete all online recommendations for current staff and former staff.
- Consistently provide volunteers for weekend and summer programs, as well as all other Programs Department offerings, working closely with the Program Manager, Club Program Coordinators, and all other necessary Woodlands staff.
- Work closely with the Marketing & Events Manager to recruit, coordinate, and manage volunteers for major on campus events.
- Ensure the completion of all Programs Department volunteer applications, collecting PA background and PA Child Abuse History clearances, and the documentation and tracking of volunteer information using all appropriate Woodlands tools and databases.
- Conduct orientations for new Programs Department volunteers, record all volunteer shifts, and generate: written volunteer verifications, documentation, practicum and internship evaluations, and all other relevant correspondence as necessary.
Programs Department Operations, Compliance, and Human Resources Management
- Ensure complete compliance with all partner-organization, commonwealth, federal, and American Camping Association: standards, hiring and human resource procedures, personnel checks, and accreditation processes.
- Enroll all applicable Programs staff in appropriate Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency programs and manage their submissions.
- Maintain physical and electronic Programs Staff and Volunteer Personnel files in accordance with Woodlands retention policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, or a related field
- 1-2 years’ work in full-cycle staff recruitment, or commensurate experience
- 1-2 years’ work in volunteer coordination, or commensurate experience
- Experience crafting and coordinating messaging to diverse audiences
- Flexibility in scheduling, including the ability to work evenings and weekends
- Procured PA Acts 33, 34, 73, and 31 upon hire
- AED, CPR and First AID Training upon hire
- Ability to pass a Drug Screening
- Ability to ascend and descend slopes and transverse a variety of indoor and outdoor settings and uneven terrain
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information with all Woodlands staff, participants, families, and internal and external partners
- Ability to safely, securely, and frequently: grasp, lift, transport, position, and place Woodlands equipment weighing at least 25 lbs.
- Experience in an integrated or camp/retreat environment
- Previous supervisory experience, especially with high school and college students
- Prior work with individuals experiencing disability and their families
Please send cover letter and resume.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org