Woodlands Foundation, Inc.
Website Woodlands Foundation, Inc.
Job Category: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: Deputy Director of Advancement and Operations
Salary Range: $31,054-$47,881
The Donor Relations Specialist works to enhance donor relations through exceptional stewardship, event and administrative support. S/he ensures accurate information flow within the development and communications team and the Financial Coordinator.
- Supports a donor relations plan that ensures the highest possible level of stewardship to develop, build, and retain positive relationships with donors and supporters.
- Maintain and manage the donor database system, which includes data entry of donations, other organization revenue, and constituent data.
- Ensure all donor and constituent data is accurate for reporting to the leadership team, Board of Directors, foundations, donors, and the greater community.
- Work closely with the Programs Department to ensure proper documentation and record keeping for all participants and volunteers in the Donor Perfect database.
- Manage internal donation processing in conjunction with the Financial Coordinator.
- Prepare accurate database queries, statistics, mailing lists, import/export information for all departments as needed.
- Utilizes the database to identify and help maximize engagement, stewardship and upgrade opportunities; maintains up-to-date and accurate donor records and prospect and donor management plans.
- Create reports and tracking systems for development and volunteer activities.
- Work closely with Financial Coordinator to ensure donations are categorized correctly and reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Maintains grant/foundation tracker and reporting requirements. Works with the Development Manager to analyze giving trends and provide dynamic monthly dashboards and reports.
- Assists with the creation of donor communications and touchpoints as needed, drafting and updating thank you letter templates.
- Assists with the management of direct mail/individual giving campaigns including coordination with vendors and staff as needed.
- Assists with strategic segmentation of lists generated by the database to maximize annual giving impact, including assisting with recommended ask amounts and upgrade opportunities.
- Manages and prepares in-house mailings, including mail merges, accurate labeling and postage for events and donor campaigns.
- Help coordinate all aspects of fundraising events and activities, planning to execution.
- Provide support to the volunteers, volunteer/staff committees working on special events and/or part of the Corporate Volunteer Program.
- Work with the development team to manage project workflow and oversee day-to-day milestones for projects.
- Work closely with Marketing & Events Manager to support the planning and execution of on-campus events.
- Assists the Marketing & Events Manager with managing marketing content; including photo storage management, copy proofreading, social media content research, and any other needed support, ensuring ongoing donor engagement.
- Attend event committee meetings; take, prepare, and distribute minutes in a timely manner.
- Assists with the preparation of reports, proposals, briefings, and other outgoing materials.
- Maintain and grow knowledge applicable to the position, including DonorPerfect system offerings and changes to donation acknowledgement regulations.
- Research donor and gift questions.
- Conduct research on individuals and corporations for giving and sponsorship opportunities.
- Prepares Development Committee and Board Meeting materials/reports as needed.
- Greets donors and visitors to the office; provides assistance to guests and visitors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, communications, business management, psychology, nonprofit management or relevant field required.
- Minimum 3 years working for a nonprofit organization in development, communications and/or marketing.
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrated experience in working with a donor database, preferably DonorPerfect.
Business acumen for data management.
- Proficient with computers; highly knowledgeable and practiced with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Must embrace and have a good working knowledge of office technology including AV equipment, and virtual platforms.
- Ability to work in a professional and positive manner with high attention to detail; willing to take ownership of project-critical tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to utilize tact, diplomacy, discretion and good judgement at all times, but especially when exposed to sensitive or confidential donor information/material.
- Must be organized, agile, detail-oriented and have strong time-management skills.
- Possess critical thinking skills and the ability to quickly and competently switch between multiple tasks; able to calmly adjust focus and shift priorities based on department/staff needs.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners; comfortable speaking to diverse constituents, one-on-one or in group settings.
- Highly experienced in social media applications; understands their importance in relationship building and recognition of donors.
Please send cover letter and resume to: WFI@woodlandsfoundation.org
The Woodlands Foundation, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to WFI@woodlandsfoundation.org