The Donor Engagement and Event Specialist is responsible for identifying, coordinating, and implementing donor recognition and stewardship opportunities: mail, events, small meetings, lunch and learn, tours, volunteer opportunities, screenings, etc. The purpose of these activities is to engage prospects, acquire new donors, and cultivate and strengthen relationships with existing major donors.
- Support development efforts by working throughout the organization to identify, collaborate and coordinate opportunities for donors to become further engaged with WQED.
- Develop and coordinate ongoing assessment activities designed to determine the needs and interests of donors.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement activities designed to recognize and steward donors, and volunteers utilizing both in-person and virtual events.
- Establish, maintain, and follow timelines for event planning activities.
- Develop opportunities to engage donors and promote events through social media and other multi-media platforms.
- Follow-up with donors post-event to assess results and ensure donor needs are met. Respond and report as needed.
- Work with the WQED corporate team to identify and secure underwriting for cultivation and engagement activities and events.
- Assist with the recruitment and supervision of volunteers to support development efforts and needs: mailings, events, office work, seasonal etc.
- Help to establish a formalized volunteer program including process and procedures that foster engagement and support the work of the organization.
- Develop, coordinate and implement one signature WQED fund raising event.
- Work with underwriting to identify corporate benefits and assist in identifying, soliciting, and securing sponsors.
- Assist with fund-raising and related activities with department to contribute to overall departmental success.
- Inform others in fund-raising department about activities and issues through meetings and reports.
- Volunteer for and participate in organizational committees and events, as needed and able.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency in donor records and databases.
- Support the Director of Development and Development Associate as needed.
- Segment data for event management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication, analytical, and customer service skills.
- Creative and strategic-thinking abilities.
- Self-starter who can work independently and remotely as necessary.
- Experience in producing large and small events
- Good understanding of fundraising efforts
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and database experience.
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn existing and new technology necessary for virtual events.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls Please.
WQED is an Equal Opportunity Employer with leadership and a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com