The purpose of this position is to address the foundation fundraising needs of WQED by researching foundation and government funding opportunities; writing specific proposals that match WQED’s organizational needs with funder priorities; following up to secure funding; and reporting to funders on the progress of the WQED initiatives they have supported.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research, analyze and solicit foundation and government agency funding opportunities for WQED Multimedia.
- Review the WQED strategic plan and project priorities and align fundraising goals to plan.
- Work with the Managing Director of Foundation and Government Relations and all departments to enumerate and verify the prioritized needs of the organization with respect to the strategic plan and projects seeking funding.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to decide on priorities. Memorialize the priorities and in a dynamic project pipeline.
- Identify potential funders and finalize a list of WQED initiatives for which to seek funding.
- Assist the Managing Director of Foundation and Government Relations in research and lead the efforts to write drafts of proposals and reports to foundations and government entities.
- Explore published information, electronic databases, and other research tools to determine potential funders’ priorities for funding and investment.
- Schedule meetings for senior staff and foundation and government funders to ascertain their priorities, current funding levels, funding cycles and timelines for request consideration.
- Follow-up with funders to refine the nature of the ultimate request.
- Track and write proposals and reports for new and renewing foundations.
- Maintain and update department files and database on foundations and government agency funders.
- Organize existing files and clear outdated files.
- Develop accurate updated database of foundations and government entities.
- Maintain master list of timeline of projects and foundation board meetings and deadlines.
Required education and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years of related experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish larger organizational goals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Candidates should submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No Phone Calls Please.
WQED is an Equal Opportunity Employer with leadership and a culture that supports diversity and inclusion
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org