YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
Website YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
POSITION: PA Pre-K Counts Teacher
DEPARTMENT: Child Development and Education
A Pre-Kindergarten Teacher works as part of a team made up of the Children and Youth Development and Education Department Director, Group Leaders, Assistant Group Leaders, Aides, Cook and clerical staff. She/he ensures the coordination of quality program (PA Pre-K Counts, NAEYC and OCDEL requirements for accreditation) for 3 to 5-year-old children in the Children and Youth Development and Education Department. This is a 10-month position.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and ECE certification from an accredited college or university in early childhood education or child development. OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education or child development with proof of teacher plan to achieve ECE certification. PLUS
- Act 33/34 clearances, fingerprinting, National Sex Offender Registry Clearance, and criminal background checks as well as Mandated Reporter.
- Coordinate daily, developmentally appropriate activities, implement curriculum, and conduct assessments
- Work with Director and fellow staff members to conduct program evaluations to ensure a quality program is offered to children and families
- Maintain compliance with PA health and safety standards for childcare programs
- Provide an enriching and high-quality program for children by striving to meet Keystone Stars and NAEYC quality standards.
ABOUT YWCA GREATER PITTSBURGH:
YWCA Greater Pittsburgh is a member of a nationally recognized movement with a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. As one of the oldest and largest women’s organizations in the nation; YWCAs across the country serve over 2 million women, girls, and families. For over 150 years, the YWCA Greater Pittsburgh has advocated for voting rights, civil rights, and violence protection, fought for affordable housing, quality child care, and much more, intending to improve the quality of life for women and girls and strengthen Greater Pittsburgh communities. Today, our employees are working tirelessly at promoting racial justice, reducing race and gender disparities, and deliberately addressing the challenges and celebrating the triumphs of living at the intersection of race and gender. We continue to help our neighbors avoid eviction, access transportation to work, and other resources to support an improved quality of life. The YWCA Greater Pittsburgh Child Development and Education Center in Homewood contributes to the work of the YWCA by providing children with a high-quality early childhood education program.
Interested individuals can submit a resume and cover letter Linda Broman, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com