DEPARTMENT: Youth Services and STEM Education
Women, especially women of color are under-represented in STEM fields. YWCA Greater Pittsburgh works to address this disparity by providing after-school STEM (“Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics”) education for girls in the Greater Pittsburgh area. Our instructors work to nourish girls’ interests in STEM, improve their in-school performance, and equip them with the workforce and life skills they need to thrive. Join our team and be a STEM Star in the lives of young women in our community!
Associates, Business, or Technical Degree with two (2) years of relevant social service experience or High School Diploma or equivalent with five (5) years relevant experience. Must be able to pass and maintain a clean Act 33/34 clearances and FBI background check.
- Working with youth from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Creating a virtual learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic and social potential by implementing leadership, science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum and/or monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of program delivery.
- Monitoring and implementing Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Leadership projects and programs to increase the STEM knowledge and experience for area youth.
- Role modeling appropriate behavior and ethics for program participants to create an effective teaching environment.
- Promoting and supporting the mission of YWCA Greater Pittsburgh and helping youth and teen girls use their voices and achieve their dreams.
ABOUT YWCA GREATER PITTSBURGH:
YWCA Greater Pittsburgh is a member of a nationally recognized movement with a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. As one of the oldest and largest women’s organizations in the nation; YWCAs across the country serve over 2 million women, girls, and families. For over 150 years, the YWCA Greater Pittsburgh has advocated for voting rights, civil rights, and violence protection, fought for affordable housing, quality child care, and much more, intending to improve the quality of life for women and girls and strengthen Greater Pittsburgh communities. Today, our employees are working tirelessly at promoting racial justice, reducing race and gender disparities, and deliberately addressing the challenges and celebrating the triumphs of living at the intersection of race and gender. We continue to help our neighbors avoid eviction, access transportation to work, and other resources to support an improved quality of life. After School STEM Educators work to improve the quality of life for girls by nourishing girls’ interests in STEM, improving their in-school performance, and equipping them with the workforce and life skills they need to thrive and contribute to the community.
Interested individuals can submit a resume and cover letter Linda Broman, Human Resources Director at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org