YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
Website YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
POSITION: Community Engagement Manager
DEPARTMENT: Center for Race & Gender Equity
PAY RATE: $35,700 – $57,500
YWCA Greater Pittsburgh’s primary advocacy initiative, the Center for Race & Gender Equity (The Center), provides training, organizes events, engages in advocacy, and builds community around the vision of a world in which all women and girls, especially women and girls of color, have equitable access to personal and professional opportunities, free from racial injustice. The Community Engagement Manager will support YWCA’s mission and the work of The Center through two key areas:
- Leading the development and implementation of a volunteer program including the recruitment, training, retention, and appreciation of diverse individual volunteers, volunteer groups, and volunteer interns
- Increasing community involvement in the YWCA’s Advocacy Strategy by engaging YWCA families, corporate volunteers, students, organizations, and other stakeholders in race and gender equity-based awareness campaigns, trainings, and direct actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with two (2) years relevant experience and one (1) year staff/volunteer supervisory management, and training experience.
- Associate, Business or Technical Degree/ Certification with three (3) years relevant experience and one (1) year staff/volunteer supervisory management, and training experience.
- Five (5) years of nonprofit relevant experience including staff/volunteer supervisory management, and training experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and Implement a Volunteer Program
- Build relationships with a diverse range of higher education institutions, community organizations, corporations, and the Greater Pittsburgh community to engage individuals in racial and gender justice work.
- Implement processes to acquire, renew, and retain volunteers.
- Volunteer Database Integrity and Reconciliation
- Process and record volunteers’ information from electronic and paper files into a database.
- Build database of businesses and organizations committed to engage in Center for Race & Gender Equity efforts.
- Develop webforms to link volunteers to our existing volunteer databases.
- Continually update and proactively improve the quality of database records.
- Community Engagement
- Work with diverse social justice organizations, student organizations and coalitions to engage in YWCA advocacy initiatives.
- Speak with, educate, and empower clients, students, organizations, and community members regarding YWCA Greater Pittsburgh, its programs, and opportunities for involvement in race and gender equity activities.
- In collaboration with senior and program directors, create new ways for clients, students, and community members to voice their social justice concerns and priorities through YWCA’s advocacy work. This may include but is not limited to attending events, developing written material, recruiting new volunteers, participating in rallies, and other community organization activities, etc.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned by Management.
ABOUT YWCA GREATER PITTSBURGH:
Founded in 1867, YWCA Greater Pittsburgh is a member of a nationally recognized movement with a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. As a social justice organization, we have a deep commitment to tackling gender inequities and systemic racism; particularly in the places where these systems intersect. We provide direct services, empowerment programming and advocacy to support individuals and families, especially women and girls of color. We strive to become a model nonprofit workplace for a diverse workforce, ensuring that all staff members are paid a living wage and offered competitive benefits, and meaningful opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
Interested individual’s can submit their resume and cover letter to Linda Broman at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org