YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
Website YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
DEPARTMENT: Child Development and Education
SALARY RANGE: $ 45,000/year – $ 57,500/year
The Early Learning, Child Development and Education Programs Manager alongside the Early Learning, Child Development and Education Director will assist in the administration and supervision of the Early Learning Child Care center including preschool, PreK, and school-age programs in accordance with YWCA Greater Pittsburgh Early Learning Child Development and Education Program policies, and in compliance with state and federal regulations; train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; perform regularly scheduled teaching assignments. The Early Learning, Child Development and Education Manager will have a direct impact on the YWCA mission and the lives of the students/families that access services at our Homewood and Propel locations. The Early Learning, Child Development and Education Programs Manager must have the ability to manage change, deal with situations as they arise; work independently or as part of a team; have good written and verbal communication skills.
An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 3 years of experience with children. Experience in managing an early learning facility; comprehending, and applying the PA Keystone STARS standards, DHS regulations, and CACFP guidelines; experience in proposal writing, budget development and record keeping are also preferred.
- In absence of the Early Learning, Child Development and Education Programs Director, the Early Learning, Child Development and Education Programs Manager ensures the site is in total compliance with code regulations and licensing requirements including staff/child ratios and room capacity, as regulated by the relevant Commonwealth of Pennsylvania agencies and receives its operating license annually; compliance also in includes meeting NAEYC & PA Keystone STARS accreditations and all actions necessary to maintain accreditations. Learn, implement, and maintain compliance with standard DHS health and safety regulations and licensing guidelines so the above can occur.
- Collaborate with organizations, schools, key community groups/agencies, who align with YWCA mission, to implement program/advocacy efforts; Work in cooperation with staff located in YWCA Greater Pittsburgh centers and other community sites where YWCA programs are offered to ensure quality programming for clients and their children, confer on grant opportunities, and coordinate site activities and space access as needed.
- Work with the Early Learning, Child Development and Education Programs Director to manage an annual program plan and budget for the department; Prepare proposals and descriptive program summaries as required.
- Work with the Early Learning, Child Development and Education Programs Director to develop goal areas for the Early Learning Center following the completion of the ECERS, ITERS, SACERS, Keystone STARS and DHS evaluation of program.
- Assure records essential for monitoring and evaluation of programs and reports to funders, committees, supervisors, and Board of Directors, are kept.
- Maintain up-to-date information on the ECE field regarding issues, standards, trends, and requirements to keep program current and to provide up-dated training opportunities for all appropriate staff and volunteers working with children, as needed and/or required; Ensure program staff follow the above.
- Assure developmentally appropriate programming/activities are carried out for the children each day by the staff responsible for care in each age group and the Creative Curriculum and Big Day Curriculum is implemented with demonstrated progress.
- Monitor and assist teachers in completing weekly activity plans, making corrections as necessary and maintaining safe, child-centered environments; Provide direct service teaching to selected components of the program as required or need arises.
- Recruit, assist with hiring, supervise, and appraise all Early Learning Care staff (teachers, clerical staff, senior aides and other resource persons and volunteers) delivering childcare services at the site including in accordance with all YWCA Greater Pittsburgh policies and procedures; Attend staff meetings as required and supervisory conferences as scheduled.
- Maintain consumer satisfaction and positive relationships through professional and courteous communication with internal and external clients while maintaining a high level of confidentiality with regards to sensitive and personal client and contract information; Inform the Director of Early Learning Care when a parent must be contacted regarding any serious matter.
ABOUT YWCA GREATER PITTSBURGH:
YWCA Greater Pittsburgh is a member of a nationally recognized movement with a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. As one of the oldest and largest women’s organizations in the nation; YWCAs across the country serve over 2 million women, girls, and families. For over 150 years, the YWCA Greater Pittsburgh has advocated for voting rights, civil rights, and violence protection, fought for affordable housing, quality child care, and much more, intending to improve the quality of life for women and girls and strengthen Greater Pittsburgh communities. Today, our employees are working tirelessly at promoting racial justice, reducing race and gender disparities, and deliberately addressing the challenges and celebrating the triumphs of living at the intersection of race and gender. We continue to help our neighbors avoid eviction, access transportation to work, and other resources to support an improved quality of life. The YWCA Greater Pittsburgh Child Development and Education Center in Homewood contributes to the work of the YWCA by providing children with a high-quality early childhood education program.
Interested individuals can submit a resume and cover letter Linda Broman, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com