YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
Website YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
POSITION: Finance Associate
DEPARTMENT: Financial Services
PAY RATE: $17.10 to $27.50/hour
Works directly for the Vice President of Finance. Assists with general office duties, as well as performs a wide variety of complex administrative support and accounting work including preparing journal entries, reconciling bank accounts, and financial analysis. Responsible for providing support and technical assistance to the Vice President of Finance in the areas of budgeting, disbursements, reporting, grants, accounting, and other departmental duties. Individual must be able to interface with all levels within the Association, as well as external agencies. Work entails dealing with confidential and sensitive issues requiring a high degree of discretion.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field with two years relevant experience or an Associate degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field with three years of relevant experience. Degree may be waived in lieu of seven years of related experience with the approval of Human Resources.
- Assists with the development of departmental budgets, tracks expenditures and prepares budget revisions as needed and in accordance with all rules and regulations governing the Agency’s various funding streams.
- Verifies vendors on the IRS website and ensures EIN and address agree.
- Reviews invoices for authorization, accurate cost center and project coding.
- Develop client-driven housing goals to support the client’s self-sufficiency.
- Prepares and processes all agency wide spreadsheets/invoices for all services provided to the YWCA. Examples: Phone service, equipment leases, cell phone/laptop usage, maintenance contracts.
- Monitors, analyzes, and verifies expenditures of government grants including staying up to date with the Uniform Guidance and working with department directors and senior team to ensure expenditure compliance.
- Coordinates operations between the Financial Services Department and programs in conjunction with grant compliance, which includes assisting Program Directors with funding distribution and return.
- Prepares and enters journal entries.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
ABOUT YWCA GREATER PITTSBURGH:
YWCA Greater Pittsburgh is a member of a nationally recognized movement with a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. As one of the oldest and largest women’s organizations in the nation; YWCAs across the country serve over 2 million women, girls, and families. For over 150 years, the YWCA Greater Pittsburgh has advocated for voting rights, civil rights, and violence protection, fought for affordable housing, quality childcare, and much more, intending to improve the quality of life for women and girls and strengthen Greater Pittsburgh communities. Today, our employees are working tirelessly at promoting racial justice, reducing race and gender disparities, and deliberately addressing the challenges and celebrating the triumphs of living at the intersection of race and gender. We continue to help our neighbors avoid eviction, access transportation to work, and other resources to support an improved quality of life.
Interested individuals can submit a resume´ and cover letter to
Linda Broman, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com