YWCA Westmoreland County
Website YWCA Westmoreland County
eliminating racism empowering women
We create opportunities for women and girls that lead purposeful lives and strive for a community that values diversity.
YWCA Westmoreland County
424 N. Main Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
Job Title: Children’s Education Program Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full Time / Exempt (Administrative) – 40 hours/week minimum
Work Schedule: Primarily day shift, with occasional nights and weekends required
Location: YWCA Westmoreland County Headquarters
Salary Range: $38,000 – $40,000 / benefits including medical, vision, retirement, PTO, paid holidays
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Children’s Education Program Manager Application” no later than Friday, July 10, 2020.
*Please note that eligible candidates are must be able to start by August 3, 2020.
SUMMARY: The YWCA Westmoreland County is seeking a Children’s Education Program Manager to develop and implement a new STEAM focused specialized preschool education program for 3 and 4-year-olds as well as to manage our Keystone STARS 2 Young Wonders children’s summer camp. The Manager will be responsible for creating a new, age appropriate curriculum focused on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics as we revitalize our children’s education program. The ideal candidate is comfortable with technology and ready to learn and implement new, innovative software, hardware, and programs in an educational setting.
In addition to program management and oversight, the Manager will teach in the classroom as well as manage other Children’s Education Instructors. The Manager reports to and supports the Executive Director in creating programming that serves the YWCA’s mission to eliminate racism and empower women.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Regular duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Experience in and a demonstrated commitment to the needs of women and girls and to issues of social/racial justice and empowerment.
- Ability to take charge of research, develop, and implementation of new program structure and specialization in STEAM curriculum.
- Strong project and program management skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Strong financial acumen to manage and monitor program budgets, to include working with the Executive Director to develop future annual program budgets.
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Supervision of Children’s Education Instructors, Camp Counselors, Camp Lifeguards and other positions when applicable.
Classroom Supervision/ Instruction
- Creating and implementing STEAM specialized curriculum for both 3 and 4-year-olds
- Preparing materials for instruction
- Maintaining classroom equipment, including updates to technology equipment
- Classroom management
- Ability to work with parents/guardians to ensure timely communication and safe classroom environment
- Track and log all injury reports
- Conduct fire drills and evacuation drills monthly.
- Follow all PA DHS Certification regulations for Chapter 3270.
- Maintain and distribute marketing and promotional materials
- Supervise the performance, including annual appraisal process, of assigned program employees and volunteers; ensure a productive work environment
- Timely respond to parent phone calls and address all comments and concerns
Young Wonders Summer Camp
- Responsible for the day-to-day functions of the Young Wonders summer camp
- Manage summer camp staff
- Assist and coordinate programming through PA’s Quality Rating Improvement System- Keystone STARS
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive or privileged company information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with other staff, contract instructors, and/or volunteers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Is innovative; displays original thinking and creativity.
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
- Presents ideas and information effectively.
- Is a self-starter; takes initiative when performing job duties.
- Has a positive attitude and seeks to build team morale.
- Comfort and experience in a classroom setting
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, education, child development, or special education with a minimum of 2 years of experience OR Master’s degree in early childhood education, education, special education or similar field with 0-1-year experience
- Demonstrated classroom management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with young people in a positive manner
- Demonstrated ability to supervise others
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, retain and lead program employees.
- Strong time management, organization, and project prioritization skills are a must
- Experience planning, and supervising programs based on the developmental needs of young people.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on complex topics.
COMPUTER SKILLS: The following computer skills are needed to perform this job successfully.
- Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Social media for business use (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Ability to use the Internet and a Web browser for research and online software applications.
- Update and maintain skills in use of current computer information and technology
- Ability to use tablets and other smart devices
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: Act 24, Act 114 (from PA DHS), Act 151, and Mandated Reporter Training, CPR, Pediatric First Aid, and NSOR certificate required upon hire or newer then 6 months.
ADA: The physical demands described here are of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- It is required to be able to multitask.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Need to be able to stand, walk, on uneven surfaces, get down to the child’s eye level, and participate in all child related activities.
- Must be able to perform basic first aid.
Items may be added or removed from this job description as deemed necessary by management.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Our organization prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org