Disaster Action Team Volunteer
Disaster Avengers: Unleash your Superpowers as a Disaster Volunteer in Allegheny County
Purpose: To participate in all Disaster Action Team (DAT) program support and capacity building activities necessary to ensure effective service delivery during a DAT response.
Reports To: Disaster Action Team Team Leader
Responsibilities: Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing. This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team program including:
- Supporting the annual goals, RDO objectives, and regional/chapter plan for Disaster Action Team services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
- Completes all required training and maintains current training standard as Disaster Action Team program requirements change.
- Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
- Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the Disaster Action Team program.
- (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the Disaster Action Team program and other tasks assigned by the Disaster Action Team Leader.
- Follow and execute requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
- Adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
- Build effective relationships with others who can help with work-related goals.
Relationships: Works closely with all other Disaster Action Team Members to ensure team goals are achieved.
Length of Appointment: Once trained, may remain active as long as able to perform the assigned tasks.
- DAT Service Associate on a DAT response
- DAT Team Leader in support of the DAT preparedness
- DAT Supervisor on a DAT response