Steel City Squash is seeking a driven, innovative Academic Coordinator with a passion for supporting youth and putting them on the path to achieving their higher education goals. This position will primarily be responsible for designing and delivering high-quality out-of-school time academic support and enrichment programs to students ranging from 4th through 12th grades.
Program Delivery: Day-to-day
- Plan, supervise and direct daily homework help sessions to support students' schoolwork.
- Prepare supplemental activities for students who have completed their schoolwork.
- Plan, supervise and direct impactful and innovative Academic Enrichment activities.
- Plan, supervise and direct team building and leadership activities.
- Ensure a productive and positive environment by managing student behavior.
- Manage academic volunteers during homework and enrichment sessions.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- Recruit and on-board new students.
- Monitor students' progress in school by communicating regularly with school staff.
- Communicate with parents/guardians to ensure that necessary forms and paperwork are complete.
- Communicate with parents/guardians to ensure they are aware of child's progress and standing.
- Organize and lead parent/guardian meetings as needed.
- Recruit and train academic volunteers.
- Recruit, coordinate, and implement summer programming.
- Identify, organize and participate in community service projects and field trips.
- Chaperone/drive students from events as needed.
- Organize and/or assist in organizing special events like awards ceremonies.
- Collect and update student and parent/guardian paperwork and data.
- Drive students as needed to and from practices, tournaments, summer camps, special events, etc.
- Maintain classroom and office space
- Manage daily snacks
- Plan general weekly/monthly schedule and communicate updates to stakeholders