Social Media Strategist
Start Date: October 2023
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The preference is for candidates to live in the Pittsburgh area, although individuals residing outside the Greater Pittsburgh area will still be considered. For candidates in the Greater Pittsburgh area, our team maintains a hybrid work schedule at our office in East Liberty.
Salary Range: $43,000 - $48,000 per year
Purpose: As a social media strategist, this individual will be responsible for creating, executing, and producing content for strategic social media campaigns in collaboration with our communications team members.
Many of Denny Civic Solutions’ clients are organizations looking to advance a public policy issue. We believe social media channels are a critical tool in the execution of modern advocacy campaigns, both for their ability to activate grassroots advocates to support (or oppose) a cause, and for their ability to create public pressure on elected officials and decision makers to take action.
This individual should be an innovative thinker who can manage communication between the company, our client teams, and multiple social media platforms, syncing strategies with overall campaign goals.
We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, support, and implement social media strategies & tactics to meet client objectives.
- Create, publish, and manage original high quality social content and engage with followers on social media platforms.
- Manage our own Denny Civic Solutions social channels, and produce periodic content for our website.
- Graphic design: in addition to producing eye-catching social media content, the social media strategist will also periodically be asked to apply their design skills to final drafts of various types of printable materials: “one-pagers” outlining a client’s advocacy issue; marketing collateral for Denny Civic Solutions; proposals for potential clients; and research reports.
- Along with our team, actively participate with new proposal development by gaining an understanding of client objectives - specifically relating to social media strategies.
- Prepare reports as needed by clients summarizing social channel metrics and general effectiveness of social campaigns.
- Work closely with team members to integrate and maintain cohesive social media strategy.
- Help manage a social media intern who can assist the strategist with social media content creation.
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Design, English, or related field
Experience and Qualifications:
- 2-3 years’ experience working with social media on behalf of a company, agency, initiative, or cause
- Tenacity and a passion for social media and innovation
- Strong command of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn platforms. Additional social channels are a plus.
- Strong writing and verbal communications
- Passion for graphic design
- Familiarity with Canva or similar programs for designing social media (and some printed) content
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere is a plus
- Familiarity with video editing is a plus
- Experience with Google Suite is desirable
- Superior organizational and detail-orientation skills
- Familiarity with paid social advertising campaigns
- Familiarity with SEO and web traffic metrics
- An ability to identify target audience preferences and build content to meet them
- Excellent multitasking skills, ability to adapt to rapid change
- Ability to self-start and quickly learn new skills
- Good sense of humor and ability to work in a team
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
About Denny Civic Solutions:
At Denny Civic Solutions, our vision is to make change for the common good. Our mission is to elevate and advance our clients’ causes through the right connections, strategic collaborations, and smart advocacy, so that together we can achieve great things in our communities.
Whether it is advancing paid family and medical leave, ensuring that teenagers with disabilities can work in integrated settings at competitive wages, passing legislation to help individuals experiencing perinatal depression, securing public funding for mentoring children of incarcerated parents, or working to secure nurse practitioners’ full practice authority, nothing excites us more than the opportunity to change hearts and minds alongside our clients.
Denny Civic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resumes to: HR@dennycivicsolutions.com
Turning Ideas Into Action