Marketing Project Manager
Employment status: Full-time, exempt
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM, with some weekend and evening hours
Reports to: Development Director
Salary and Benefits: $38,000 - $48,000 commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, and paid time of
Who We Are:
The Mattress Factory is a contemporary art museum on the Northside of Pittsburgh founded in 1977. We feature site-specific installations created by artists in residence from around the world.
The Mattress Factory is at an exciting moment for our marketing and communications team; we are preparing to launch refreshed branding, a new website, and several other new initiatives. We’re seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Marketing Project Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will assist in the planning, execution, and tracking of a variety of marketing projects and initiatives and will work closely with our external marketing agency, Outmark®. This person will play a pivotal role in executing our mission, enhancing our image, and delivering our message.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide Project Support and Coordination: Assist in the coordination, development, and execution of marketing projects, including drafting press releases, updating website content, planning and scheduling social media posts, assisting with copywriting, and coordinating with the press - often simultaneously
- Embrace Collaboration: Work seamlessly with multiple departments to ensure upcoming projects, messaging requirements, and deadlines are communicated with cross-functional teams and align with museum goals and objectives
- Be a Proactive Communicator: Take initiative to reach out to departments and stakeholders to schedule meetings, gather information, and provide feedback; and maintain active engagement with the museum's online community
- Demonstrate Flexibility: Adapt to changing museum initiatives, projects, and exhibitions, updating content and communication strategies accordingly
- Love Art: Keep a pulse on the art world, best practices, and emerging platforms in the arts, culture, and communications sectors to ensure the museum's messaging remains current and impactful
- Uphold Museum Values: Serve as an ambassador for The Mattress Factory, ensuring all communications reflect and uphold the museum's mission, values, and reputation
The Skills You’ll Need:
- Knowledge of general marketing principles
- Strong communication skills
- Experience drafting and editing written content
- Email marketing and Mailchimp experience
- Ability to manage social media platforms and engage with audience
- WordPress experience is a plus, as you’ll occasionally update our website
- Ability to manage press relationships and coordinate interviews with media outlets
- An appreciation for collaboration and willingness to lean into our external marketing agency and work alongside museum departments to execute our marketing
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills, But Not Required:
- Experience working within the arts, museum, or cultural sector
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies
- Familiarity with design software like Adobe Creative Suite is a plus, especially the ability to implement branded templates through InDesign
- Experience with photography and videography
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of marketing, communication, or project management experience
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented, with strong proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with social media management and website content management
- Proficiency in content management systems (CMS) and experience with email marketing software
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Marketing Project Manager” in the subject line. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked to provide references.
The Mattress Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff that is committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. Mattress Factory does not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies, scholarship programs, and other Mattress Factory administered programs and activities. All of our employees’ points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Art you can get into.