Who we are: Pennsylvania Women Work (PA Women Work) is a statewide 501(c)3 nonprofit workforce development organization headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. Pennsylvania Women Work is dedicated to transforming the lives of Pennsylvanians through empowerment, employment and economic independence. Whether it’s a single mom struggling to provide for her family; a woman re-entering the workforce after 20 years; an immigrant adjusting to a new life; or someone faced with a challenging career transition, PA Women Work empowers job seekers with job search and interview skills, opportunities to build their confidence, and help setting and achieving both professional and personal goals. PA Women Work helps individuals find lasting employment that pays a family-sustaining wage through unique and life-changing programs.
Why work for us?: We are small but mighty; we have a 30 year track record of successful career development for women (and all genders) across the state, and are poised for new initiatives in the coming years. Staff describe our work culture as collaborative, empowering, flexible and supportive, and all report that they understand how their work helps achieve our mission. We walk our talk about creating a space that enables everyone to succeed at work. We strive for work-life balance; including flexible hours and a hybrid schedule. And we have a generous time off and benefits package, to boot!
About this position: We are looking for the person to be the glue that holds together our program administration, office and meeting cadence, HR paperwork, and state invoicing. You are a detail-oriented, behind-the-scenes wiz with financial acumen who can keep people and information organized. Our ideal candidate will use a customer-service approach and work across departments to create or maintain the administrative and operational systems and details vital to smooth sailing across the organization.
This position will require high proficiency in Google Suite, and will use Constant Contact, Sumac (Case Management Platform), Monday.com and other platforms/technology on a regular basis.
Program Support (40% of time)
- Maintain inventory of program materials including handouts and workbooks
- Coordinate monthly participant bus pass and transportations process with program staff
- Coordinate scholarship and hardship funding processes
- Use online platforms to regularly add and update program events, registration and attendance tracking
- Assist Manager of Evaluation with participant data input and reporting
- Additional program support as needed
Office Management (30% of time)
- Oversee and manage general office communications including phone calls/messages on main line and emails to general mailbox.
- Maintain and update shared calendars and calendar invitations including programming, staff out-of-office, staff meetings, and committee meetings
- Maintain organization of office, manage inventory and ordering of office supplies, and all office equipment (including computers, printers, furniture, etc…)
- Be the point person for administrative and operations vendors, including our landlord and operations-centric technology platforms we use
- Coordinate food, travel, and logistics for staff meetings and retreats
- Takes minutes during staff meetings to file and report back to staff
Fiscal (15% of time)
- Review monthly expenses for our New Choices grant through the PA Department of Labor & Industry for accuracy and compliance to state and contract regulations
- Mail/scan checks and direct to appropriate person
- Manage organization timekeeping systems
Personnel (15% of time)
- Manage all staff documents including clearances, tax forms, insurance forms, evaluations, timesheets, expenses, and vacation requests
- Handle logistics for new employee recruiting and interview processes, including posting job openings, scheduling interviews, and maintaining all relevant paperwork
- Oversee physical and electronic record-keeping of all personnel documents
- Support employee onboarding process
Approach to the Work:
- Administrative and Financial Acumen – You cross t’s and dot i’s with pleasure, and can create a project plan for a small event, or review a complex, multi-site invoice with ease. You love it when all the numbers match, documents are in order, and details are crossed off the list!
- Conductor – You have the ability to smoothly, and in a timely way, coordinate multiple people and information to ensure our programs and operations run well. You maintain systems for keeping tasks from slipping through the cracks. You’re able to juggle competing demands and prioritize without sacrificing quality.
- Commitment to women’s equity and empowerment, and the mission of PA Women Work.
Experience and Skills Desired:
- 3+ years experience with a nonprofit or public agency in an operations, financial or administrative position
- Experience with detailed, reimbursement based invoicing – government contracting or billing experience preferred
- Knowledge of HR paperwork, record keeping and policies
- Highly proficient with Google Suite and comfortable learning and using new technology platforms
- Able to work on multiple projects independently and collaboratively to achieve objectives
- Able to manage and organize and share information in a clear and efficient way
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to interface with various and diverse set of stakeholders, groups and individuals
- Highly organized with excellent time management
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary Range mid-$40,000s depending on experience.
- Generous benefits package that includes a hybrid work environment.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Pennsylvania Women Work, an EEO employer, values a diverse, respectful, collaborative, and passion- driven work environment. PA Women Work seeks to recruit candidates for employment that represent our diverse community in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and ability. We are dedicated to uplifting diverse opinions and backgrounds in order to grow and evolve as a welcoming workplace for all. We believe that combining these values with hard work, high quality standards, and mission-driven leadership will help us achieve economic self-sufficiency, workplace equality, and a voice in policy for those we serve.
Transforming women's lives through empowerment, employment and economic independence.