Director of Strategic Partnerships
Equis is a set of organizations (including Equis Research, Equis Institute, and EquisLabs) working to create a better understanding of Latinos, innovate new approaches to reach and engage them, and invest in the leadership and infrastructure for long-term change and increased engagement.
Since 2019, we have served as a hub for Latino research and innovation, leaning into the complexities of Latino voters in the United States, ensuring they get the sophistication of treatment and level of attention that matches their critical role in the electorate. Equis is also committed to developing Latino leaders across the progressive space, serving as a convener of organizations and individuals leading Hispanic-focused programs. The scope of our work is designed to engage Latinos in multiple arenas because we believe that this moment requires a complete rethinking of how we engage Latinos.
Moonshots are a series of 5-10 year projects designed to fill crucial gaps in the arenas of democracy, culture, media, and talent. The scope of our work is purposefully broad and designed to engage Latinos in multiple arenas because we believe that this moment requires a complete re-thinking of how we engage Latinos. Our approach is to work collaboratively with partners and allies, lead with learning and research, and build programs that address the deep-rooted issues that prevent our community from participating becoming influential and powerful.
Equis is seeking an experienced and skilled Director of Strategic Partnerships to build and lead successful partnerships for Equis’ Moonshots. Reporting to the SVP of Partnerships and Communications, the Director of Strategic Partnerships will develop and execute short- and long-term comprehensive and creative outreach and engagement partner plans. They will provide expertise to Equis’ overall partnerships strategy, deepen relationship building, and drive measurable impact with a wide array of partners.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships will generate strategies to establish and maintain meaningful connections with national, state, and local based organizations, movement leaders and players, influencers, and key stakeholders to support the Equis Moonshots goals.
A successful candidate will have a track record of building and maintaining enduring relationships, be a collaborative thought-partner and strategic thinker, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and be passionate about building a world where Hispanic/Latines feel and are seen as powerful and influential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute partnership strategies for Moonshots that align with the organization's mission and goals.
- Identify and cultivate relationships and partnerships that are relevant to Moonshot programs and projects in the political, democracy, media and culture arenas.
- Design and execute short and long-term engagement and outreach plans that successfully support project goals and drive measurable impact.
- Develop goals and timelines for Moonshots partnerships work, managing and communicating needs and deliverables in the short and long-term.
- Manage and prioritize the strategic and tactical execution of multiple project rollouts simultaneously, building work plans in collaboration with Moonshots, Communications, Fundraising and other Equis teams as needed.
- Establish and deepen strategic relationships with a wide array of partners and stakeholders–political and movement leaders, influencers, creatives, organizers and campaigns–that build long-term Latino political power and advance Equis strategic priorities.
- Act as the primary point of contact for a wide range of strategic and Moonshot partners, continuing to position Equis as trusted ally and resource.
- Serve as the main Partnerships and Communications liaison to the Moonshots team and a collaborative thought partner in the strategy development of Moonshot projects.
- Drive an aligned partnerships strategy across the organization in collaboration with the Director of Partnerships and Program Implementation and colleagues across departments and teams.
- Represent Equis externally in partner meetings, conferences and convenings.
- Develop shared and efficient workflows between Partnerships and Moonshots teams.
- Grow and manage a team in a fully remote work setting, ensuring that all members are coordinated, understand goals, and thrive in a supportive and dynamic team atmosphere.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience and demonstrated ability to build, develop and maintain enduring relationships in the political, coalition, movement and civic engagement, or culture and media space.
- Experience in a mission-driven organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse groups and people, including across departments and teams internally and externally at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, drive progress, share vision, adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing strategic planning for multiple complex projects from concept to completion and adapt as needed based on learning and input from others while also demonstrating initiative, responsiveness, and thoughtfulness under tight deadlines.
- Experience managing a team and external consultants and freelancers.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, and ability to communicate priorities, needs and expectations.
- History and understanding of political nuances and deep familiarity with the societal, cultural, and political landscape of the Hispanic and Latino community.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, along with the ability to manage high-pressure situations.
- Flexible and resilient, willing to innovate and try new approaches to problem-solve.
- 7+ years of advanced experience in partnerships and relationship building in political, culture, advocacy or campaign environments.
- Existing relationships with political, advocacy, culture and movement figures.
- Experience working with surrogates and influencers.
- Comfort leading through change when needed.
- Hands on, managing priorities while pitching in at all levels.
- Interest in, or have experience, with culture, narrative, and digital strategies.
- Comprehensive ability to communicate in Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Familiarity with Google Slides, Keynote, Canva or similar presentation software tools.
- Experience utilizing Mailchimp, Google Suites software, and ClickUp or other similar project management tools.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- The ability to communicate with colleagues, partners, and clients via phone, video call, and email.
- This position requires the ability to travel which may encompass all or part of the work day. Travel may involve transportation via airplane, car travel, or trains and for extended periods of time.
Equis is a national remote office environment with team members located across all continental U.S. time zones. Candidates should be prepared to either work from home or a location of their choosing that is located within the continental United States. Equis has implemented a pro vaccination policy, subject to exemptions. Candidates must be willing to follow the established policy to prevent and limit the exposure of COVID-19.
This position requires the ability to work core hours Monday through Friday in your local time. This position will require occasional nights and weekend work and some in-person attendance for all-staff or department level events, approximately 2 per year, which require overnight travel. Additional travel may be required for this position up to 25-35%.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a fully remote (USA only), full-time position, EXEMPT with occasional domestic travel and a competitive salary range of $115k-$140k/year. This salary range represents a good faith estimate of what Equis may pay for this position at the time of posting. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as budget availability and commensurate with the selected candidates’ experience. This position is currently funded through 2025.
Equis offers a generous Benefits Package which includes 100% Medical, Dental, Vision at no premium for employees, Company Paid Life Insurance, Health Reimbursement Account with employer contribution, Unlimited PTO, generous paid holidays, 4% Employer Match 401(k), Annual Professional Development Stipend, Work-from-home Stipend, Paid Parental Leave, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, wellness stipend and Emergency Relief Fund. Equis observes office-wide holiday closures in accordance with the federal government alongside additional summer and winter breaks.
HOW TO APPLY
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Please send your resume and cover letter here or via our career page. For your application to receive full consideration, please explain in your cover letter why you are interested in working at Equis and how your background and/or experience demonstrate your commitment to Equis’s core goal of enhancing the well-being and power of the Latino community. In the submission of an application, your consent is provided to share your resume with partnering organizations.
Equis believes in an open and inclusive work environment that encourages respect and is free from all forms of discrimination, harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. We embrace our differences as we prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, genetics, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, or military status in any of our operations. We prioritize not just equality, but equity in our practices and policies. Given who our employees are and the community we serve, we pay special attention to equity in the arenas of racial justice, gender justice, educational access, citizenship status, and language justice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Equis is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engaging the Latinx community