Strong Women Strong Girls (SWSG) is a multigenerational mentorship organization with programs in Boston and Pittsburgh. SWSG champions the aspirations and potential of girls from under-resourced communities through innovative mentorship experiences grounded in the lessons of strong female role models. Our mission is to empower girls to imagine a broader future for themselves through after-school sessions facilitated by college mentors, who are themselves mentored by professional women. Our vision is that all girls and women will realize their inner strength to dream and do.
SWSG Pittsburgh is actively looking for a Development Manager to contribute to the broader fundraising strategy in Pittsburgh. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Development Manager will play a key role in aiding the execution of an all-encompassing fundraising strategy, alongside a plan for development operations. Potential sources of revenue encompass Personal Contributions, Fundraising Events, Workplace Giving, as well as Grants from Foundations, Corporations, and Government bodies.
- Design, implement, and evaluate annual fundraising plan with a target revenue of $750K+.
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors through the prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship cycles.
- Plan and execute corporate volunteer events.
- Establish a cohesive individual volunteer program that incorporates plans for volunteer-to-donor conversion.
- Coordinate with program staff to define, create, and implement volunteer events and activities.
- Craft strategies for leveraging volunteer engagement and growing individual giving, including execution of seasonal fundraising campaigns.
- Manage the part-time, grant-writing consultant’s workflow to ensure that they meet deadlines and revenue goals for foundation and corporate grant activities.
- Manage the planning and execution of SWSG Pittsburgh’s fundraising events, including the annual fundraiser Strong Awards Breakfast
- Support other SWSG team members in effective integration of fundraising strategies into program events, including Jump into Spring.
- Manage the ongoing utilization of the organization’s database, Salesforce, tools and reports.
- Track and report fundraising progress, using data analysis to inform revenue forecasting and development planning
- Oversee donor data entry, gift processing, and donor acknowledgment activities by the Administrative Assistant.
- Provide support to the Managing Director as needed.
- Support other projects as needed.
- Work cross-city towards overarching national fundraising goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of development experience, with a proven track record of building strong relationships, securing funding, and engaging donors.
- Proven ability to cultivate and engage diverse stakeholders.
- Track record of successful event planning and execution.
- Experience with Salesforce, or another CRM or donor database.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment, while collaborating across internal job functions.
- Strong commitment to supporting the healthy development of women and girls.
SWSG offers generous employee benefits and time off. Strong Women, Strong Girls is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Empowering girls and women to realize their inner strengths to dream and do.