Jazz Patron Services Manager
Responsible for customer relations, ticketing, social media, events marketing, website maintenance and reconciling sales. Ensures the highest degree of customer service and customer relations communications in all patron related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include, and are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Answers all incoming box office calls and processes and fulfills orders.
- Manages sales at all on and off-site concerts and events.
- Balances box office cash drawers.
- Completes build out of performances, subscriptions, merchandise and special events in Agile and Ticketmaster.
- Creates event seating charts and holds for all performances.
- Designs subscription packages, timelines and deadlines for upcoming concert seasons.
- Oversees ticket sales and reports out to supervisor and Executive Producer/Vice President of MCG Jazz.
- Reconciles sales receipts between ticketing software and the finance department including shortages or overages in cash drawers.
- Responds to customer inquiries and requests.
- Establishes policies and procedures for the exchange of tickets, seat assignments, refunds, etc.
- Seeks out and facilitates group attendance through the group sales program.
- Works collaboratively with Manchester Bidwell, leadership, Communications Team and MCG Jazz Marketing consultant to develop subscription renewal materials and support the season marketing campaigns including media buys.
- Works with rentals on their pricing and sales strategy for ticketing.
- Identifies, establishes and manages partnerships with outside ticket vendors and additional sales channels.
- Fulfills product sales orders both online and through the box office.
- Processes invoices, purchase orders, check requests and credit card receipts.
- Disseminates MCG Jazz communications and collateral pieces.
- Manages work study students and interns.
- Implements new initiatives to increase ticket and merchandise sales.
- Works collaboratively with Executive Producer/Vice President of MCG Jazz on season programming.
- Grows email marketing list.
- Writes and designs all HTML newsletters using Constant Contact package.
- Generates content and maintains MCG Jazz website.
- Works collaboratively on the design of the program books and season brochure.
- Maintains the MCG Jazz app.
- Represents MCG Jazz at events and conferences.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position will supervise the activities of the front of house team including volunteers, employees, work study students and hired services for MCG Jazz front of house activities both on and offsite.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Arts Management or Bachelor’s Degree in in Business with a focus on arts or entertainment and 3-5 years box office experience required. Must have knowledge of ticketing software, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications and ability to create, analyze and interpret financial reports. Strong customer focus, highly effective interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities required. Experience in web design, Photoshop and social media design. Audio, video and/or concert production experience a plus. Also, must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Strategic Planning – Welcomes and encourages input and collaboration on work-related activities. Capable of recognizing and responding to critical events or needs and adjusting deadlines accordingly. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and develop and recommend valid conclusions. Ability to draw relationships between organizational, program and project objectives, and assist in coordinating the efforts of staff and/or team members in meeting those objectives.
Leadership Skills – Promotes the attitudes, conditions and environments that yield increased quality and quantity of individual and team performance. Exercises appropriate interpersonal skills in varied professional associations. Facilitates the development of skills and abilities of others. Assumes responsibility for his/her own actions and decisions. Actively contributes to discussions. Maintains a dynamic and pro-active approach in guiding others toward organizational and program objectives. Acknowledges accomplishments of individuals and teams. Solicits and generates creative solutions.
Adaptability – Effectively targets presentations to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Capable of effectively adjusting and coping with change and uncertainty in new situations and environments. Maintains focus and effectiveness in unsettling conditions and circumstances.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk or hear and is exposed to a noise level in the work environment that is moderate to loud. The employee frequently is required to walk; and use hands to handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to be considered.