Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager plays a key role in JFCS fulfilling its mission by ensuring that JFCS successfully recruits and retains a diverse pool of highly qualified individuals who are passionate about our work and who thrive in a supportive, professional work environment. The HR Manager works closely with the JFCS department directors and leadership regarding personnel practices including recruitment, onboarding, retention, job performance, training and policies and procedures.
In today’s world, it is important that your life’s work brings you value and purpose. By joining the team at JFCS, you will experience hands-on opportunities that directly help people in the Greater Pittsburgh region through life’s changes and challenges.
Proudly voted by JFCS employees as one of Pittsburgh’s best places to work for +10 years, our care and commitment to our employees and our clients is our top priority. We are looking for new employees who share our commitment to providing critical, high quality services to the community.
- Collaborative work environment and diverse staff
- 37.5 hours work week with flexible scheduling to support work-life balance
- Sick Time = 12 days a year
- Vacation Time = starts at 2 weeks the first year and then increases with longevity up to 4 weeks total
- Additional paid time off for all employees = most federal holidays, 3-5 floating holidays (to be used at employee’s discretion), and a number of Jewish holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance - medical, dental and vision
- Short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k package for which JFCS contributes 4% of salary after the first year of service
- Annual longevity bonuses after the first year of service
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Generalist background preferred with substantial HR experience. HR certification SHRM-CP, SHRM- SCP, PHR, SPHR) is a plus. Strong communication, conceptualization, and organization skills. Good computer and interpersonal skills. Able to work independently and be a trusted member of a team.
- Enhancing and implementing protocols regarding how and where we recruit new employees, and assisting department directors with the development of job descriptions and postings, screening candidates.
- Maintaining and updating a structured onboarding process, and working with department directors on its implementation
- Ensuring that JFCS’s website and physical building are perceived as welcoming to a diverse array of clients and staff, and that any potential barriers are noted and addressed
- Facilitating the JFCS Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) committee, eliciting genuine input from all JFCS departments and clients to promote excellent service delivery and a superior workplace environment
- Guiding JFCS directors on effectively and expediently addressing personnel issues that arise within their departments, intervening directly with employees when appropriate
- Making JFCS a safe place to work by ensuring that high standards for occupational, health, and physical safety are documented and followed and are compliant with industry standards
- Supporting a cutting edge, progressive work environment by providing staff with trainings on professional issues and bringing in outside presenters when needed
- Ensuring that JFCS employee satisfaction surveys are completed annually and that the results are utilized for quality improvement purposes
- Staying abreast of employment laws, and working with and coaching department directors, in order to ensure that JFCS remains in compliance with all relevant regulations
- Periodically reviewing JFCS policy and procedure manuals, suggesting revisions as needed
- Working closely with the Fiscal Department staff to help ensure equity with regards to employee compensation as well as overseeing FMLA and Workers Compensation processes
- Other duties as required
Supporting people through life’s changes and challenges.