Director of Web and Digital Marketing
Shady Side Academy (SSA) seeks an empathetic and innovative individual who demonstrates a passion for designing effective digital journeys to serve as Director of Web and Digital Marketing. This role within the Marketing & Communications Office primarily focuses on the strategic design, development, and creation of website content and user experiences that enhance the positioning of the academy in search, engage and convert visitors, and reinforce SSA’s key marketing messages and brand.
SSA offers a unique and valuable education that is relational and robust, cultivates a balanced and informed worldview, and leverages real-world learning experiences to create leaders at the nexus of technology and the liberal arts. Accordingly, this role will help advance the visibility of the academy in the marketplace through the development and maintenance of the primary institutional website: a foundational platform to which all strategic marketing by the academy points. This is an exciting opportunity in the academy’s history for this position to lead the website redesign process in collaboration with the Chief Marketing Officer and a team of internal stakeholders. This process will entail providing technical leadership in planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining web-based applications integrations necessary to deliver digital content to end users while being responsible for research, development, and implementation of the latest web technologies, including responsive design, flexible grid systems, and progressive enhancement techniques.
- Updating and managing website content.
- Edit photos (color correction, crop) for use online.
- Champion the concepts of the SSA Brand Guide.
- Liaise with external digital partners and consultants, as well as internal stakeholders and content generators.
- Ensure usability by assisting with information architecture and designing user-friendly navigation systems.
- Ensure cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device functionality.
- Design common elements (headers/footers) and templates for digital platforms.
- Oversee the creation and management of dynamic digital communications workflows.
- Collaborate with the Technology team to manage data integrations across software products.
- Maintain data integrity within the marketing CMS and CRM.
Minimum Qualifications & Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated in website management and/or independent school marketing and communications.
- Proven understanding of content management systems. Finalsite experience is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of asset creation for the web.
- Ability to complete tasks on time, participate in a project management system, and track work.
- Outgoing with strong interpersonal skills, must love to collaborate on teams.
- Strong capacity for independently finding solutions to technical problems.
- Respect, understand, and value different cultures and beliefs.
Preferred Qualifications & Qualities
- Experience with reading and writing code.
- Demonstrated knowledge of enhancement techniques, including animation and effects, media queries, responsive designs, and flexible grid systems.
- Innovative with an instinctual growth mindset and dedicated to learning and creatively applying new insights.
- Experience with digital advertising.
- Exposure to inbound marketing methodologies.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Lunch is included when school is in session.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Shady Side Academy is a diverse community of students and adults who share different cultural values and perspectives. We embrace each other’s differences and backgrounds, and we know that this diversity adds to the richness and depth of our students’ overall learning experience. Faculty members work to ensure a safe and open environment where understanding is central to all, and students’ differences are celebrated as an integral part of the educational experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via the https://www.shadysideacademy.org/about/employment. Shady Side Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
About Shady Side Academy
Shady Side Academy is a nationally respected private school in Pittsburgh for boys and girls in grades pre-kindergarten through 12, with an optional boarding experience in high school. Four age-specific campuses with extraordinary resources, teachers who actively mentor, a forward-thinking curriculum, a diverse and inclusive community, and a legacy of alumni accomplishments all inspire Shady Side students to high achievement in academics, the arts and athletics, and to meaningful ambitions in life. Visit the school’s website at www.shadysideacademy.org. Our campuses are tobacco-free