Business Development Coordinator
The Business Development Coordinator assists in strengthening the effectiveness and efficiency of operations at Crossroads Foundation by providing high-level administrative support in the areas of donor management, database tracking and reporting systems, and financial stewardship functions. Additionally, this position would work closely with the Director of Development to implement fundraising plans and other development related initiatives. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who is enthusiastic about building their business and fundraising experience in an educational organization that is truly impacting students’ lives.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Database Maintenance, Reporting and Tracking
- Keep accurate, timely and consistent information in selected database platform.
- Ensure upkeep and functioning of system including donor management, grants management and events coordination.
- Work with the Senior Program Director and Development Director to provide requested reports and outcomes to foundations.
- Provide reports as requested including donor histories, targeted mailing lists, prospect lists, etc.
2. Financial Stewardship
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all donations to support positive donor relations and fiscal accountability and transparency.
- Support accounting and auditing services related to revenue, restricted and unrestricted funds, grant terms, online donations, year-end reporting and other business needs to ensure compliance with best practices – as needed.
- Provide support and requested information as directed by the Director of Development.
- Assist in preparation of annual projections and budgets under the supervision of the Development Director.
3. Operational Coordination
- Coordinate data collection and reporting requirements for Partner4Work or other third-party funding programs
- Interface with key vendors to manage accounts
- Work with Bookminders/accounting to process all invoices and accounts payable
- Serve as point of contact for database, technology, website or other equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Support program management and direct service through ordering supplies, processing reimbursement, and other administrative functions
- Other administrative, financial or data responsibilities as assigned by the executive director or development director.
- Bachelor’s Degree, prior development or business experience preferred.
- Skilled in database management and reporting practices.
- Focused on accurate and timely work completion in keeping with fundraising and financial management practices.
- A detail-oriented self-starter with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work while managing multiple deadlines in a continually changing work environment; able to take direction and work independently towards goals.
- Commitment to ensuring equity and inclusiveness in a community of peers with diverse backgrounds and identities.
- Capable of working with the Board of Directors and high-profile donors.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit discretion with sensitive information.
The Business Development Coordinator must have or obtain criminal and child abuse clearances and other requirements as mandated by state and federal law. This is an in-person, on-site position and reliable transportation is required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Business Development Coordinator role is full time, exempt employee eligible for fully-covered benefits including health, dental, vision, and retirement plans as well as a generous paid time off and holiday package. The salary range for this position is $45,000 – $50,000 annually dependent on education and experience.
Submit a completed resume and cover letter to lannsotomayor@CertifiedHRExperts.com.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Crossroads offers students with limited financial resources access to a quality high school education and the supports they need to be college ready. In addition to financial scholarships, Crossroads provides academic assistance, social and personal support as well as college and career preparation so that its scholars are well prepared for success in college and in their careers. In addition to 700 alumni, Crossroads currently supports 165 students, grades 9-12, who attend six different Pittsburgh area Catholic high schools. Because of our network of support, 100% of Crossroads scholars, the majority of whom are students of color who will be the first in their family to earn a bachelor’s degree, graduate from high school on time, and 96% of them go on to college the fall after their senior year. Of these, 72% have completed or are on track to complete their college degree within six years. For more information see www.crossroadsfoundation.org.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and developing a diverse team of professionals reflective of the community we serve. Crossroads is located in the North Point Breeze neighborhood of Pittsburgh (near Bakery Square) and has a core staff of twelve employees. Although it partners with the Catholic high schools, it is an independent, faith-based organization serving young people regardless of religious affiliation.
Where Potential Finds its Path