Instructor Workforce Programs
The instructor is responsible for leading assigned Literacy Pittsburgh classes utilizing the Ready and Relevant curriculum and supporting agency priorities. The instructor ensures a high-quality experience for students by providing excellent student instruction and support to advance student learning and goal attainment.
Teaching, Learning and Support
- Teach assigned classes in designated locations, in-person and/or via remote instruction.
- Provide support and referrals for students to address barriers and transition needs as related to program participation.
- Arrange for assessment and evaluation of students.
Program Improvement and Compliance
- Actively engage in professional development and on-going training to ensure high-quality teaching that leads to strong student outcomes.
- Collect, analyze, and monitor key student performance data, including attendance hours, student assessment scores, learning objectives, student feedback, and outcomes for state and federal compliance, student learning objectives, and overall program improvement.
- Monitor progress and solve problems to ensure program compliance with applicable state, federal, and other grant requirements.
- Participate with internal agency committees and teams, as well as relevant external partnerships.
- Follow agency protocols and processes for effective service delivery.
- Show leadership by offering expertise locally and regionally.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Adult Education.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- Experience in teaching adults preferred.
- Flexibility, adaptable to changing needs and schedules.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships with, build rapport with, and motivate diverse groups of people to achieve their education and career goals.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Proficiency in workplace digital platforms
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and public speaking.
- A passion for education and educational programming
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with diverse populations.
- A team player attitude
- A desire to continually learn and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Act 33/34 clearances
- This position may require the use of a personal vehicle for local travel.
- Full-time, some evening work required.
- Hybrid Schedule
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Requires the ability to push, pull, lift & carry up to 40 pounds.
Better Lives Through Learning