Membership Engagement Specialist
Covers: Northern Allegheny County
While full-time remote work is available, the employee must live in and is required to frequently travel throughout their coverage area
Starting Salary: $38,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience
Girl Scouts is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls in kindergarten through twelfth grade, and our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character. At Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania, we’re committed to providing every girl the chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
As a member of the membership team, you will work with other membership engagement specialists to generate excitement about and increase awareness of Girl Scouting. The Member Engagement Specialist has oversight of all facets of the volunteer experience and is responsible for recruiting new girl and adult members in their assigned area. The incumbent will work within the community to build visibility of Girl Scouts, promote the Girl Scout experience, engage volunteers, foster positive relationships with members, will understand the needs of their assigned region to best support the growth and retention of membership within that region, and will ensure the Girl Scout program is accessible to all girls, across all demographic groups.
The essential functions of this position include the following:
- Increase awareness to positively impact membership growth and retention by engaging in the community, working with schools, faith-based institutions, businesses, etc. and cultivating community contacts to educate on the Girl Scout curriculum, and generate leads resulting in building community awareness, highlighting benefits of membership, and impacting membership growth
- Design and implement effective short- and long-term strategies for the recruitment and retention of girl and adult membership growth in targeted areas to meet goals and objectives by researching market data, membership trends, diversity benchmarks and other information relevant to designated geographic areas
- Meet individual membership and retention goals by hosting events, including but not limited to in-person meetings, back to school and troop sign up nights
- Identify marketing, advertising and public relations opportunities that will effectively and efficiently promote the Girl Scout brand and enhance recruitment efforts
- Nurture new leads and referrals resulting from field activity
- Oversee the volunteer experience for all participating adults in assigned area
- Support Troop Leaders by handling issues, questions and concerns, provide timely problem solving and conflict resolution to manage grievance and conflict, escalating when necessary to the Volunteer Relations Coordinator
- Keep current on program information (Girl Scout Leadership Experience, highest awards, product program, etc.) and support training and messaging offered to volunteers
- Ensure Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of inclusion and diversity
- Degree in marketing, communications, sales, related field or equivalent professional experience
- 2 years minimum of work experience in related field of work with proven member recruitment, volunteer management and customer engagement success
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Top notch communicator and can confidently present to large groups
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Teams, and Outlook and ability to learn new systems
- Must be organized, detail orientated, and customer focused
- Ability and willingness to work primarily on-the-road with minimal time in office
- Potential candidates should be comfortable traveling throughout the designated areas on a regular basis
- Full-time position with a minimum of 35 hours a week and additional hours during peak recruitment months of August – Nov and Feb – May
- Able to work flexible hours to include days, frequent evenings, and some weekends
- Have reliable transportation
Summary and Benefits:
Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania is one of three Girl Scout councils in Pennsylvania. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that supports 27 counties in western Pennsylvania and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background checks are required.
Our generous benefit package includes:
- Full time remote work is available for this position however, the employee must live in and is required to frequently travel throughout their coverage area. A hybrid workweek, which allows up to 3 days of remote work each week is also available.
- Health, dental and vision insurance available
- HSA, Health FSA, Dependent Care FSA, and Parking FSA options
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary insurance benefit options: short-term disability, cancer insurance, life insurance, and accident insurance
- 401(k) plan, both pre-tax and ROTH options, with employer match
- A generous paid time off policy
- 15 paid holidays annually (business closure between December 24-Jan 1)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Apply today to be part of our mission to help build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in your cover letter which coverage area for which you are applying.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.