Advancement Database Manager
The Office of Advancement’s Database Manager is responsible for data integrity, improvement, analysis, donor research, staff training as it pertains to Raiser’s Edge/NXT database, event management software, website integration, creating queries as requested, and assisting the Advancement team in their work to connect with constituents and maximize fundraising outreach efforts.
- Maintain the overall integrity and quality of the Raiser’s Edge/NXT database, event management software, including routine data: improvement, auditing, systems checks, and improving system(s) functionality.
- Maintain highly accurate and current donor data that effectively tracks key information, cultivation activities and histories, and solicitation and reporting calendars.
- Ability to conduct research of individual, corporate, and foundation prospects as needed for annual and/or special campaigns.
- Manage records and donor relations for monthly/automatic/consecutive gifts and other pledge programs.
- Import and export data from various sources, including manual entry.
- Assist with gift processing, batch entry, donation coding, gift documentation, approve matching and employee contribution gifts.
- Assist with timely acknowledgement letters to donors (within 48 hours of receipt of gift) and follow established protocol on gift acknowledgements.
- Identify, mine, and analyze prospects for fundraising and outreach initiatives.
- Review daily, weekly, monthly reports for accurate reconciliation with Finance Office; support the Finance Office with the annual audit.
- Provide staff training, support, and feedback on data entry and reporting on Raiser’s Edge/NXT.
- Review and edit the integration of both electronic and printed acknowledgements to donors.
- Develop and maintain queries/exports for direct appeals, email campaigns, publications, events, annual appeal, etc.
- Collaborate with Advancement team to track and report on fundraising progress and donor trends.
- Ability to generate the annual fund/donor reports as well as endowment fund reports published each year.
- Establish/revise and codify database best practices.
- Other duties related to Advancement efforts as assigned by the Executive Director of Advancement.
- Executive Director Of Advancement
- Minimum 5 years of experience in nonprofit advancement/development.
- Strong proficiency working with Raiser’s Edge/NXT and/or fundraising software.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Adobe, etc.)
- Strong grasp of role in technology in this position with capacity to identify opportunities for improved data quality, reduced data entry, and increased cross-departmental collaboration.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within an office setting.
- Ability to proactively organize and prioritize work, resolve problems, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met.
Resume and cover letter should be sent to:
Matthew J. Stoessel
Executive Director of Advancement
Central Catholic High School
4720 Fifth Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
About Central Catholic High School:
Central Catholic High School, a college preparatory school for boys, is guided by the educational principles of St. John Baptist de La Salle. The school strives to provide a challenging, relevant, and diverse program of studies and extracurricular activities in an environment that fosters a life of faith and learning and develops leaders rooted in the Gospel values of integrity, respect, service, justice, and peace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Central Catholic Promise: To inspire boys to become Men of Faith, Men of Scholarship, Men of Service.