Volunteer Coordinator Intern
Pennsylvania Women Work (PA Women Work) is a statewide 501(c)3 nonprofit workforce development organization headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. Pennsylvania Women Work is dedicated to transforming the lives of Pennsylvanians through empowerment, employment and economic independence. Whether it’s a single mom struggling to provide for her family; a woman re-entering the workforce after 20 years; an immigrant adjusting to a new life; or someone faced with a challenging career transition, PA Women Work empowers job seekers with job search and interview skills, opportunities to build their confidence, and help setting and achieving both professional and personal goals. PA Women Work helps individuals find lasting employment that pays a family-sustaining wage through unique and life-changing programs.
The Volunteer Coordinator Intern will support our programs and development staff in the engagement and tracking of 300+ volunteers, to ensure timely and consistent communications as well as meaningful engagement opportunities.
- Ensure timely communication with volunteers through email, newsletters, etc.
- Coordinate logistics for stand-alone or ongoing volunteer opportunities such as quarterly networking events, annual fundraiser, etc
- Support leadership in developing content and calendars for volunteer opportunities
- Coursework or Major in nonprofit management, social work, communications or related field
- People-oriented and interest/ability in building relationships
- Flexible and adaptable
- Interest in nonprofit sector, community service and the mission of PA Women Work
Small monthly stipend available. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pennsylvania Women Work, an EEO employer, values a diverse, respectful, collaborative, and passion- driven work environment. PA Women Work seeks to recruit candidates for employment that represent our diverse community in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and ability. We are dedicated to uplifting diverse opinions and backgrounds in order to grow and evolve as a welcoming workplace for all. We believe that combining these values with hard work, high quality standards, and mission-driven leadership will help us achieve economic self-sufficiency, workplace equality, and a voice in policy for those we serve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Transforming women's lives through empowerment, employment and economic independence.