Volunteer Social Media Video Editor
Awaken Pittsburgh, a non-profit 501(c)(3) formed in 2016, is looking for an experienced and creative Volunteer Social Media Video Editor to join our global creative team. A hands-on, inspiring creative who's passionate about storytelling, craft, motion design, film and music who can help develop our brand aesthetic for motion across our growing digital platforms.
Thinking digitally first, you'll be integral to crafting the stories of our brand history, testimonies, and services. Working with our Marketing and Communications Manager, Graphic Designers, and Copy Writers you'll edit video assets for campaigns, social media, internal concepts, and e-comm.
- You'll help us grow our video and motion presence by developing reusable templates, textures and editing styles to ensure we show up with freshness and relevance
- Develop compelling video content with a focus on digital marketing channels with our Marketing and Communications Manager, Graphic Designer, and Copy Writers to develop video treatments that meet our brand goals, values, and tone
- Have your finger on the pulse of social trends, meme culture and video practices that resonate with our target market
- Maintain an organized library of content and assets with a high level of detail
- Two (2) years of experience as an editor
- You are just as comfortable extracting a story from a week of raw footage as you are editing a visual montage to utilize in a concept or a :15 social asset
- You have a great understanding of how the right balance of sound, motion and music
- Experienced with implementing motion effects and can transform design files into animated titles and graphics
- Experience in color grading, sound mixing and preparing files for delivery
- Understanding of how motion can work harder across our different social platforms
- Fluency in a variety of editing software
- Knowledge all stages of production, and how those stages impact post-production
- Capable of picking up a camera/iPhone/Bolex and independently shooting footage for small quick turnaround projects
- Understanding of design, typography, and layout
- Passion for music and have connections to producers and beat makers Contribute storytelling ideas, bring references to the team, be a creative partner
Time Commitment: We expect this position to require 5-8 hours per week.
Awaken Pittsburgh. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and wishes to promote the diversity of our volunteers, subcontractors and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other diverse identity or protected classification.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connect Mindfully. Live Fully.