Reports to: Director of Strategic Resources
Community In Schools of Pittsburgh - Allegheny County (CISPAC) strives to be the leader of the community school implementation throughout the Pittsburgh Region ensuring an equitable education experience for ALL students.
Our Mission: To surround students of the greater Pittsburgh region with a community of support empowering them to achieve in school and succeed in life.
The Development Associate for Philanthropy and Gift Giving works as a part of the Development & Communications Team that is currently made of CISPAC's Director of Strategic Resources for Development and Operations, Development Associate for Marketing and Mission, Communications Intern and, Multi-Media and Graphic Design Consultants. This position provides both leadership and assistance, supporting the Director for Strategic Resources in managing CISPAC's development campaigns and grant-making activities that include emphasis on individual, corporate, and philanthropic giving. This position works with the Team in establishing, executing, and evaluating the goals and strategies for all fundraising and volunteer campaigns to maximize current and prospective donor engagement.
Principal (Essential) Duties:
- Assist the Director of Strategic Resources and provide leadership to the Development & Communications team in administering CISPAC's strategy for fundraising, marketing, and communications.
- Lead the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual and corporate donors and prospects through campaigns, appeals, events, in-person asks, planned giving, and other vehicles.
- Work with the Team to design, execute, manage, and evaluate fundraising campaigns, events, and development strategies, including public relations, and website content.
- Perform research on individual donors, foundations, corporations, and other sources to evaluate foundation grants and strengthen cultivation efforts.
- Work with the Team to create, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive development plan.
- Support the refinement of CISPAC's development filing and tracking systems that support fundraising projects, operational execution, and database management.
- Responsible for benchmarking, fundraising analysis, and reporting.
- Assist the Director of Strategic Resources in preparing letters of interest, proposals, and grants for private, corporate, and government grants.
- Primary custodian for development recordkeeping both paper and electronic which includes tracking and acknowledging donor gift(s).
- Aid in the coordination of and actively participate in promoting CISPAC's mission and visibility in the greater Pittsburgh region.
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple assignments moving, meet deadlines, and manage supplemental material required for proposal submissions.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by governmental, foundation, and corporate funders.
- Develop metrics based on outcomes and project deliverables.
- Participate in up to 40 hours annually of professional development opportunities relevant to the position.
- Participate in required training, as well as, team and staff meetings.
- Clearly and consistently represents CISPAC in all aspects of delivery of service to help promote CISPAC, our values, and mission.
- Participates in the organizational culture of trauma-informed practices using the Sanctuary model.
- Leads by modeling the Sanctuary commitments in all aspects of daily responsibilities.
- Provides culturally competent and trauma-informed interactions with all co-workers, donors, and stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s liberal arts or business degree equivalent, strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years in nonprofit fundraising
- Possess a minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience as a grant writer with good success
- Proven history of raising a minimum of $100,000 - $250,000 per year through individual, corporate, and/or foundation giving
- Experience designing fundraising campaigns and events
- Background in nurturing and closing individual and corporate gifts
- Experience in identifying, cultivating, and developing new donors
- Proven ability to analyze funder data or program metrics
- Execute and effectively manage database management systems for donations and gifts
- Experience preparing management reports to track and analyze fundraising strategies and results
- Highly energetic professional with a track record of building internal and external relationships, closing/raising gifts, and developing donor communications.
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license and reliable transportation
Additionally, the successful candidate will exhibit the following skills and abilities:
- Possess a passion for serving youth from diverse populations.
- Integrity, credibility, commitment to and a passion for CISPAC's mission.
- Proven detail orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including editing, proofreading, and handling situations with diplomacy.
- Effective time management skills
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques, strategies and software.
- Proficient in MS Office 365
- Able to perform both basic and advanced database management functions.
- Able to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Act as a leader in modeling inclusive voices in the performance of job duties.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change, working in a fast-paced, nonprofit environment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- The Development Associate is an exempt position.
- Starting annual salary $35,000 - $45,000.
- Employee health benefits include short and long-term disability and retirement savings.
- The position is expected to work at least 40 hours per week. Candidate must be open to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing to work from the CISPAC administrative office: 3856 South Water Street Pittsburgh PA 15203, onsite at schools and in the community.
TO APPLY: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=development+associate&jk=8d0c035edddf8548&_ga=2.103644480.1536400775.1658090796-1132521675.1626737024
Your application has been successfully submitted.