Chief Services Officer
The Chief Service Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer of Allegheny Family Network and will have a collaborative relationship with other members of the executive team. The Chief Service Officer will partner with the Chief Executive Officer to develop new services and collaborate with community partners to ensure that AFN’s services fit into the array of services available to residents. This position is integral to the function of AFN and directly responsible for the quality of services delivered. This position will be directly responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of the comprehensive, targeted, and support group services.
Requirements for Employment:
The Chief Service Officer must:
- Have direct experience raising or having raised a child with a mental health or behavioral concern.
- Possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
- Be able to travel locally, out-of-county, and nationally as needed.
- Carry automobile liability insurance in the amount of $100,000/$300,000.
- Be willing to drive families who are receiving services from AFN, as appropriate.
- Obtain current, successful Pennsylvania state, child abuse and FBI clearances, and have no report on the National Registry of Sexual Offenders.
Qualifications for Position:
Master’s degree or at least 5 years of experience in human services or a related field strongly preferred. Experience in direct supervision of staff required. Experience working with families and communities on behalf of children with mental health issues and/or families involved with child protective services is highly desirable.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge gained by parenting a child with mental health challenges.
- Knowledge gained by operating and managing programs and the supervision of staff.
- Ability and skill in providing strength-based supervision and in maintaining focus on staff performance.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher and in electronic health records.
- Strong administrative skills including the ability to manage many tasks at once.
- Knowledge of human service systems including Education, Child Protective Services (CYF), Behavioral Health, (mental health and drug and alcohol) and Juvenile Justice.
- Ability to promote the support and advocacy of families receiving services.
- Knowledge of HIPAA laws and the need and ways to protect the confidentiality of the families served.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution abilities.
- Ability to make public presentations.
- Ability to develop and administer budgets.
- Oversee the fiscal operations of AFN’s services that are under the jurisdiction of the position:
- Assure that expenditures are reasonable, necessary, and in keeping with policy.
- Approve expenditures of direct reports.
- Manage the distribution and tracking of Family Development Funds and Stipends.
- Assure that gift cards are used in accordance with policy.
- Participate in budget development and expenditure tracking activities to ensure the integration of fiscal operations and quality service delivery.
- Write policies to support service operation and promote agency standards.
- Collaborate with the Human Resource Specialist to create a hiring plan that follows agency requirements for employees and draws from a variety of communities in the area.
- Manage the tracking of family outcomes, goal completion, and parent satisfaction, in cooperation with others.
- Ensure adherence to Allegheny Family Network policies including those in the Employee Handbook and AFN Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Oversee adherence to contract requirements for service implementation by working with and reporting to contract monitors.
- Prepare and send reports to funders as required.
- Create, disseminate, and collect parent satisfaction surveys.
- Document the results of outcomes and satisfaction surveys in written and/or graph format for review by the Chief Executive Officer and the AFN Board of Directors.
- Participate actively in all assigned meetings and conference calls, representing AFN in a professional manner.
- Use the information gained from the meetings to inform service development and quality enhancement.
- Report relevant and important information to the executive team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain strong positive working relationships with community partners.
- Participate in planning collaborations and in implementing the results of the partnerships.
- Develop and implement strategies that promote a positive work environment and that focus on positive child and family outcomes, both internally for AFN staff and collaboratively with partners.
- Assure effective service operations:
- Supervise the Comprehensive Family Support Supervisors.
- Supervise Family Support Partners (FSP) as needed.
- Assure the credentialing of the JPT supervisor and FSPs in the High-Fidelity Wraparound Joint Planning Team Service.
- Manage, coordinate, track, and monitor trainings as required by funders and AFN policy and that are needed to ensure that staff are well trained to deliver quality services.
- Complete annual performance appraisals for all direct report supervisors.
- Work with each direct report to ensure effective, top-rate job performance.
- Create and implement strength-based professional development plans for each direct report.
- Coordinate All Staff Meetings with supervisors to ensure that direct service staff can perform their duties in accordance with agency standards.
- Mediate issues or grievances between supervisors and family support partners.
- Lead regularly scheduled Leadership Team meetings, gathering information and creating the agenda, and facilitating meaningful discussion.
- Promote team building among all staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is exempt from overtime. It is expected that the Chief Service Officer will perform their duties without regard to a set number of required hours.
Your application has been successfully submitted.