At Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our organization grows and succeeds when all members of the community, where we live and serve, have a seat at the table to help us ensure all of our neighbors have enough to eat. We invite candidates from all diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, etc., to join our team.
Distribution Coordinators are responsible for the planning, implementation, and onsite execution of Food Bank large-scale distribution events. Currently, this consists of twelve-monthly drive-up distributions and six Drop & Go events. Drive-ups are run onsite around the region, outdoors, by distribution coordinators, serving hundreds of families at each event. Additionally, coordinators will work with partners throughout the Food Bank’s eleven county service region to procure food, organize trucking logistics, and improve output at distribution events. Individuals in this role will work with the Distributions Manager to generate goals for increasing efficiency and output at current distributions, as well as operationalizing a new innovative distribution model to effectively serve families facing food insecurity. Distributions Coordinators have a passion for the organization’s mission of eliminating hunger in Southwestern Pennsylvania, an ability to cultivate strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, and can problem solve in real time onsite at distributions. This position allows for a flexible working arrangement; individuals in this role will not always work a typical forty-hour work week. Weekends and evenings are required three-four times per month to support distribution events. The role requires staff to be onsite at the Food Bank or at distribution events for at least fifteen hours per week.
- Distribution Coordinators must execute the logistical details of eighteen monthly distributions, some of which the team staff directly. These events serve families with over 250,000 meals in the Food Bank’s service region.
- Plan and order items to be distributed at distributions and home delivery services, based on estimated numbers of households expected at sites and product available, using the Food Bank’s Primarius software.
- Run distributions onsite
- Lead groups of twenty to thirty staff and volunteers with instructions and best practices at distribution events.
- Oversee proper set up of distribution space
- Act as point person for any problems that arise, such as guest questions, late deliveries, unforeseen issues with the site, weather, low volunteer turnout, etc.
- Determine best product allocations onsite at distribution events, ensuring equitable food distribution as much as possible to all guests.
- Potentially lowering a share to ensure all guests receive something from the Food Bank if the crowd is larger than expected.
- Increasing shares to ensure that an event distributes as much food as possible if there is an excess
- Utilize the customer relationship management software's Link2Feed and Salesforce to:
- Create events for guests to make reservations
- Record attendance at distributions in real time
- Assign passcards to individuals to use at events
- Determine the appropriate number of shares to bring to an event based on reservation numbers.
- Communicate weekly with the Food Bank’s Community Engagement team to ensure appropriate volunteer coverage at distribution events, including providing specific numbers of specialized registration and home delivery volunteers.
- Communicate regularly with the PA Senior Box team to distribute senior boxes in accordance with program guidelines.
- Communicate regularly with the Food Bank’s Operations Department to ensure product has been appropriately ordered and picked, supplies are prepared, and food is getting to events in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with other stakeholders in distribution events: Partner Network Programs, Information Technology, Community Connections, and Marketing and Communications.
- Provide exemplary levels of customer service at all distribution events; treat all volunteers and guests with respect and kindness, recognizing that coming to a Food Bank distribution to receive food is not the easiest thing to do.
- Maintain relationships with host sites to ensure sustained participation
- Confirm distribution site availability and most efficient setup
- Serve as steward for community sites, ensuring we leave them as good or better than we find them.
- Identify and address immediately any safety concerns with sites.
- Upon return to warehouse, oversee proper unloading of trucks, weighing and recording of returned products, restocking of products and supplies, and cleanup of dock area.
- Pursue at least one professional development opportunity per fiscal year, working with the Distributions Manager to identify opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
- Prefer experience with CRM software and inventory systems.
- Previous leadership or coordinating experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to stand outside for 3 or more hours at distribution events, often in less-than-ideal conditions (heat and cold weather).
- Ability to lift over 20 pounds.
- Act 33 & 34 Clearances
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Your application has been successfully submitted.