Associate Director of Admissions, Grades 6-12 Shady Side Academy
The Associate Director of Admissions, Grades 6-12 joins a close-knit team that is responsible for welcoming, educating, and stewarding prospective Shady Side Academy families from their first inquiry through their first day of school. The Associate Director is a full-time employee who reports to the Chief Enrollment Officer and collaborates closely with the Director of Admissions, Grades 6-12.
- Cultivate prospective students and families of day students entering grades 6-8 and seven- and five-day boarding students entering grades 9-12
- Apply inbound sales techniques to meet families where they are in their exploration of school options and provide helpful, compelling support to drive stage-by-stage conversion
- Develop annual recruiting strategies and tactics, including in-person and virtual engagement opportunities for groups and individual students/families
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, current students and parents to highlight programs, facilitate authentic campus visit experiences, and create community connections
- Maintain relevant admission records and student data
- Review all applications for admission and lead Admission Committee meetings
- Assess prospective students and assist with final admissions and financial aid decisions
- Assist with yield, enrollment and matriculation of students
- Collaborate with administration and enrollment team to develop onboarding and retention programs to offset attrition and increase average student tenure
- Participate in professional development programs and Pittsburgh Consortium of Independent Schools (PCIS) group forums
Qualifications and Experience
- Four-year degree required
- Experience in schools preferred but not required
- Experience in sales and/or customer service preferred but not required
Qualities and Skills
- Mission-driven, student-centered, empathetic
- Consummate, compelling story teller, public speaker, and presenter
- Extroverted, influential, and competitive
- Personally and professionally invested in diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Comfortable having hard and complex conversations
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality and exercising good judgment
- Innovative and creative
- Meticulous writer and data nerd
- Intrinsically motivated and comfortable working on a distributed team
Salary is competitive with area independent schools and commensurate with experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits and tuition remission are available to full-time employees.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, a resume, and the names and contact information of three references via the employment page at www.shadysideacademy.org. Shady Side Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
About Shady Side Academy
Shady Side Academy is a nationally respected private school in Pittsburgh for boys and girls in grades pre-kindergarten through 12, with an optional boarding experience in high school. Shady Side Boasts an 8:1 student-to-teacher ratio, with an average class size of 15. Four age-specific campuses with extraordinary resources, teachers who actively mentor, a forward-thinking curriculum, a diverse and inclusive community, and a legacy of alumni accomplishments all inspire Shady Side students to high achievement in academics, the arts, athletics, and to meaningful ambitions in life. Visit the school’s web site at www.shadysideacademy.org Our campuses are tobacco-free.
Your application has been successfully submitted.