To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a resume, 3 references, including your most recent supervisor, copies of all required clearances, and a letter of interest to email@example.com by 11:59 pm, EST August 12, 2022. No phone calls, please. The interview process will include 2 interviews. For the second interview, applicants will be asked to share a fundraising appeal letter and a fundraising or event plan sample. Those who self-identify as members of marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Development Associate Job Responsibilities:
A full-time entry-level position, the Development Associate is responsible for the success of individual and corporate donor development through annual fundraising strategies to achieve the goals of Assemble’s mission. This position works collaboratively with the Marketing + Development Manager and the Executive Director in fostering relationships with financial and in-kind supporters.
The Development Associate reports to and is evaluated by the Marketing + Development Manager.
Job Duties and Expectations:
50% - Donor Development
- Manage Donor Database and Donor Relations
- Lead on all administrative tasks related to donor acknowledgments, thank-you letters, and engagement
- Processes donations and enters fundraising data into our Kindful donor database, correlates and cleans-up historical data
- Performs prospect research and analysis
- Serves as the main point of contact for existing donors to create lasting relationships that result in continual communication, future donations
- Researches leads and follows through for potential donors
- Cultivates individual donors through phone follow-ups, in-person conversations, mail, etc.
- Attends networking events to cultivate relationships with potential donors and community partners
- Maintains donor privacy and confidentially engages existing and potential donors
- Stays knowledgeable of tax-planning principles and techniques that favors charitable giving
- Administers employee giving programs such as United Way, Benevity, YourCause, The Giving Block, etc. and leads all reconciliation efforts
30% - Fundraising Events
- Coordinates and plans supporter cultivation and fundraising events
- Lead coordination for MakerDate, Assemble’s biannual fundraiser
- Lead happy hour event coordination
- Manages volunteers at fundraiser events
- Co-Leads Assemble’s Board Events Committee
10% -Assist Marketing + Development Manager on projects
- Collaborates on fundraising appeals and strategy with the Marketing + Development Manager
- Support corporate sponsorship campaigns and relationship programs
- Lead on PA EITC application and donor cultivation
- Assist in documentation of Assemble programs and events
5% - Manage and recruit development interns as needed
- Attend recruitment events
- Interview intern candidates
- Provide hands-on learning experiences to collaborating on the work
5% –Advance Assemble’s vision, mission, and values
- Welcome community members, youth, funders, donors, and potential parents into the space
- Models behaviors that continue to build Assemble’s culture
- Attends Board meetings, fundraisers, and events as asked by Executive Director
- Attends professional development opportunities
- Represents Assemble at functions, conferences, and networking events
- Assists with other tasks as appropriate or needed
Knowledge/ Skills & Abilities:
- A strong desire and ability to learn and share knowledge are required
- Excellent project management skills including multitasking, organizational, and time management skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate verbally, nonverbally, and through writing with a range of people from funders, donors, youth, parents, Assemble Teachers, Assemble Managers, and Assemble Board Members
- Should be able to translate enthusiasm for Assemble’s mission to procure donors, funders, items, and other support needed for fundraising efforts
- Competent with Email, Google Drive, Google Documents, and Google Sheets
- Strong collaboration skills and must be reliable
- Effective mediation skills and ability to work through conflict
- Must be able to adapt to flexible work hours and work environment with evolving priorities
- Must have excellent organizational and analytical skills and a high degree of attention to detail
- Must have the ability to assess problem situations, gather relevant information and make recommendations, and/or resolve the issue as required
- Must be receptive to feedback, opportunities for growth, development, and reciprocal accountability
- Must engage in inclusive anti-oppression and anti-racist practices
- Having an interest in STEAM, Maker, Art, and community education is preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license or state ID and reliable transportation
- Must have current clearances or the ability to acquire clearances for working with youth in Pennsylvania. These include PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal Record, FBI PA Department of Education Clearance, and Mandated Reporter Certificate. For more information about clearances: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/KeepKidsSafe/Clearances/Pages/default.aspx
- Must have prior experience in event planning, donor relations, and database systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that is heavily dependent on written communication like creative writing and communications is preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee should be able to:
- Perform light work - exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to see, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity; sit, stand, walk, and other similar tasks requiring physical activity.
- Ability to operate standard office/computer equipment.
Assemble, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Assemble expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status. Interference with the ability of Assemble’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building Confidence Through Making