Housing Logistics Coordinator
Hello Neighbor is excited to expand our Refugee Resettlement Team! We are looking for a handy, maintenance oriented individual with a passion for giving back to the community and the desire to help welcome our new neighbors. Working from our Pittsburgh, PA office, the Housing Logistics Coordinator will work in coordination with the Housing Relationship Coordinator to ensure that newly arrived refugees, SIVs Afghan and Ukrainian parolees are provided with safe, sanitary, and affordable housing. You will oversee the logistics, volunteer supervision and handiwork that gets our housing ready for its new tenants.
This is a newly created position at Hello Neighbor and an exciting opportunity to join a fast scaling early-stage nonprofit. You will join a small team of passionate individuals, dedicated to the support of our newest neighbors.
Reports To: Assistant Director of Refugee Resettlement
This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office in Larimer. We are currently on a hybrid return-to-work and in the office on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We require COVID-19 vaccination and a booster for full-time employees.
- Works in coordination with the Housing Relationship Coordinator to ensure that all Hello Neighbor families have clean, affordable, safe housing.
- Assists with set-up and management of all utilities.
- Secures and shops for household goods not obtained through in-kind donations.
- Ensures the family’s pantry and refrigerator are stocked upon arrival.
- Completes furniture and household orders for each family.
- Oversees landlord and tenant concerns, including maintenance requests.
- Ensure that residencies outdoor space upkeep are maintained.
- Works in coordination with the Volunteer Coordinator to obtain donations for housing set ups.
- Schedules volunteers and groups to complete household set-ups.
- Plans seasonal donation drives.
- Assess and triage maintenance requests
- Outdoor space upkeep
- General weather proofing
- Help flip-unit circuit breakers
- GED/High School Equivalent and/or applicable work experience and a demonstrated ability to effectively work with refugee and immigrant communities
- Car, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Ability to successfully carry out minor maintenance repairs
- This position requires weekend work. Our ideal candidate could work Saturdays and have Sunday and one other day off during the week.
- Comfort driving a Uhaul and/or box truck
- Have the ability to lift/carry 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day
- A team player
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Passion for community building, refugee and immigrant rights
- Ability to communicate with diverse communities
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Living migration experience and fluency in other languages a plus
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview in July and August
- Estimated start date: August or September
- Hours Per Week: 30-40 hours
- Hourly Rate: $18-20/hour plus mileage reimbursement
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis through August 22, 2022.
Your application has been successfully submitted.