Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolee (UHP) Case Manager
Working from our Pittsburgh, PA office, the Ukrainian Humanitarian Case Manager plays an integral role on the Resettlement Team. This position is tasked with the welcome and recruitment of Ukrainian families and individuals wishing to settle in the Pittsburgh area. As the first person our new families meet, you will play an integral role in helping adjust life in their new home. The UHP Case Manager will provide support services for newly arrived Ukrainian families both directly and through engagements with social services agencies, educational institutions, community organizations and the entirety of the Hello Neighbor staff.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast scaling early-stage nonprofit. You will join a small team of passionate individuals all dedicated to the support of our newest neighbors.
Reports To: Assistant Director of Refugee Resettlement
This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office in Larimer. We are currently on a hybrid return-to-work and in the office on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We require COVID-19 vaccination and a booster for full-time employees.
- Review, triage and follow up on all calls regarding families resettling in Pittsburgh from the Ukraine.
- Oversee community outreach to ensure that Ukrainian families in need of employment and case management support are aware of the services offered by Hello Neighbor.
- Coordinate timely post-arrival services to ensure each client has living essentials such as food, medical care, and access to transportation, and is oriented to their new environment.
- Provide direct case management for UHP families and individuals in accordance with Hello Neighbor’s established resettlement guidelines .
- Initiate referrals to necessary community-based services for newly-arrived refugee clients (i.e., medical, employment, ESL, mental health)
- Conduct comprehensive assessments to create individualized self-sufficiency plans that guide services during the resettlement period
- Perform required home visits and evaluations throughout the resettlement period.
- Provide Cultural Orientation to all eligible adults, including final assessments.
- Coordinates translation and interpretation services for families as needed.
- Network and develop community contacts with other social service providers, including both mainstream providers and those that serve refugees exclusively.
- Uses contacts and networking to create and maintain a database of client services to supplement those that Hello Neighbor provides.
- Complete and maintain case notes and other documentation of services on-time and in an efficient, accurate manner, as required by the federal Cooperative Agreement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work, or similar degrees
- Requires 4+ years of related and/or applicable work experience and a demonstrated ability to effectively work with refugee and immigrant communities
- Car, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- A team player
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Passion for community building, refugee and immigrant rights
- Ability to communicate with diverse communities
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Living migration experience and fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and other languages spoken by Ukrainian nationals is a plus
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview in July and August
- Estimated start date: August or September
- Salary range: $40,000-45,000
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis through August 22, 2022.
Your application has been successfully submitted.