Corporate and Community Fundraising Supervisor
At Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our organization grows and succeeds when all members of the community, where we live and serve, have a seat at the table to help us ensure all of our neighbors have enough to eat. We invite candidates from all diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, etc., to join our team.
The Corporate and Community Fundraising Supervisor is responsible for leading and evaluating the organization’s various events and food and fund drive activities in collaboration with the Director of Corporate and Community Giving. The Corporate and Community Fundraising Supervisor coordinates and oversees all community partner fundraising engagement in order to grow public awareness and raise the necessary resources to meet our mission. This person will oversee the work of the two Community Fundraising Coordinators.
Signature, Third Party, and Cause-Related Fundraisers
- Responsible for managing external event activities in partnership with a variety of community partners, and collaborating internally with teams and departments to facilitate successful event logistics.
- With the Community Fundraising Team, evaluate, retain, renew and grow community-based support through third-party fundraising and food and fund drive outreach and support
- Measure event performance to include return on investment analysis and marketing benefits
- Assist Community Fundraising Team in building partnerships and stewarding Feeding America Cause-Related campaign partners and soliciting local campaigns
Online Fundraisers and Food Drives
- Assist in prioritizing, streamlining, and automating community fundraising campaigns
- Identify, engage and provide excellent customer service and support to food/fund drive partners
- Work in collaboration with the Community Engagement Manager and Director of Corporate and Community Giving to identify corporate partners to engage in volunteering, participate in employee giving campaigns, and support the mission of the Food Bank
- Support Community Fundraising Coordinators in their work to engage community fundraisers and steward our existing partners.
- Strengthen and enhance the corporate and government employee giving revenue opportunities, including workplace campaigns, Combined Federal Campaign, United Way Contributor Choice, State Employee Combine Appeal, etc.
Management and Team Building
- Provides day-to-day leadership to ensure that the performance of the community fundraisers is tracking to meet/exceed goals.
- Manages the performance of all direct reports. Ensures that each staff member is working effectively in relation to annual and multi-year goals, including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Effective communication skills
- An ability to think critically and strategically
- Thoughtfulness about organizational culture
- A focus on excellence
- An ability to motivate, inspire, and influence
- An ability to tolerate ambiguity
- An ability to accept responsibility and lead by example
- A belief that talent management should be a high priority
- A passion for the mission of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Bachelor's degree; significant work experience can substitute for the degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a non-profit environment with demonstrated experience managing people and projects, preferably with an understanding or experience in fundraising.
- Expertise working in a digital environment (ie. CRM and donor databases, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, project management software)
- Valid drivers’ license
- Act 33 & 34 Clearances
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How To Apply
Follow the link to access our online application at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.