Human Resources Coordinator
Responsible for the day-to-day functions of the Human Resources Department. This includes benefits administration, recruiting, new employee onboarding, HRIS administration, and employee relations.
- Manages benefits administration to include annual and new hire enrollment, terminations, benefit changes, benefit invoicing, claims resolution, and monthly benefit reconciliations.
- Participates in recruitment effort for exempt and nonexempt personnel (including managerial levels and above); and helps to coordinate the use of temporary employees.
- Conducts new hire orientations; administers pre-employment tests, conducts reference checks, meets with new employees to complete required paperwork, cover benefits, employee handbook policies and procedures.
- Files EEO-1 and VETS reports annually, completes annual AAP, maintains other records, reports, and logs pertaining to applicant flow procedures.
- Files and maintains all work comp injuries.
- Maintains HRIS records; new hires, terminations, employee changes, and creates and maintains reports from Paycom database as needed.
- Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Processes and conducts follow-up on all FMLA related issues.
- Completes required National Industries for the Blind (NIB) reporting and maintains and adheres to required compliance.
- Assists with data gathering and spreadsheet preparation for HR projects as assigned.
- Assists with annual performance review process.
- Verifies I-9 documentation.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires prior knowledge of principles and practices of human resources.
- Prior experience with a Human Resources database required.
- Knowledge of benefits/payroll administration required.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Basic knowledge of Federal and State employment law.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An Associate degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Improving the lives of persons with vision loss and related disabilities by teaching independence and self-advocacy.