Overnight Awake Guest Experience Manager
Supports Family House mission and goals by effectively managing operations Family House during overnight hours, or on occasion as a substitute manager. Oversees creation of a welcoming environment conducive to guest interaction and mutual support. Performs accounting duties required to close the day.
- Educates families regarding Family House policies and procedures; proactively manages the House to ensure policies are followed and to anticipate potential guest problems.
- Oversees the physical facility and surrounding property.
- Evaluates maintenance issues and reports them through the TELS system or to the Director of Maintenance immediately depending on the severity of the situation.
- Clears snow for guest entrances and salts periodically, as needed, in the winter.
- Communicates issues with the Guest Experience Manager or Director of Operations.
- Keeps accurate records of loaned items, such towels, refrigerators, etc.
- Ensures a high level of cleanliness of the facility.
- Inspects vacant rooms nightly for heat/air purposes as needed.
- Performs general public space cleaning as needed.
- Maintains guest kitchen detailed cleanliness.
- Familiarized with mechanical systems and executes emergency procedures when necessary.
- Responds effectively and compassionately to emergency situations; effectively communicates with key Family House staff members and stakeholders.
- Assists in breakfast set for the guests as needed in cooperation with Breakfast manager.
- Posts financial payments, such as Family Assistance, Vouchers, and Seamless Pilot program by 2 AM.
- Upholds Family House (FH) Guest Services Standards.
- Greets guests in warm, friendly demeanor at all times
- Be attentive, courteous and service oriented.
- Ensures check-in area is clean, organized and ready for guest check in.
- Extends and books new reservations of current guests in house.
- Proficiently manages room request system in conjunction with Housing Office.
- Maintains guest confidentiality and ensures its adherence by staff and volunteers. Actively and supportively listens to guest concerns.
- Proficiently uses the reservation system (WRP)
- Maintains accurate financial records, including but not limited to guest registration, daily cash payment, and third party billing. Approves Daily Cash Reports from shift with replacement manager.
- Reviews reconciliation reports and trial balances; corrects folios, when necessary, and compiles nightly financial summary reports.
- Batches nightly credit card.
- Develops positive relationships with hospital nighttime staff. Communicates proficiently with hospital night staff to increase occupancy and assist more families. Records guest information clearly through utilization of the reservation system to record newly made reservations.
- Prepares a brief report of evening or overnight activities in communication log.
- Inputs Guest surveys responses to Wufoo, as needed
- Documents unusual guest behavior in an Occurrence Report and notifies Guest Experience Manager
- Assists in the training of new hires as needed.
- Receives call-off calls and reports them to appropriate Family House staff.
- Substitutes for other staff when requested by Guest Experience Manager. Makes reasonable accommodations to ensure coverage during emergency situations.
- Cross-trained and book new housing reservations as needed.
- Complies with all FH policies including securing replacement for call-offs.
- Availability to work weekends and three/four holidays.
- Receives call-off calls and report them to appropriate Family House personnel.
- Attends monthly staff meetings or reviews minutes/seeks out details, when unavailable for meetings.
- Interacts with community partners; represents Family House in an informative and appreciative manner to donors and community groups; relays and forwards information about new community contacts.
- Maintains office files and other projects introduced by the Guest Experience Manager. Performs other related duties as may be assigned by authorized personnel or as may arise unexpectedly.
- Supports Family House events.
- Completes special projects and perform other duties that may be assigned or that may arise unexpectedly.
- Proficiently uses all software needed to support guest reservations from booking to check out.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Initiates other tasks when regular duties are completed.
Special Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to relate to people in periods of stress in an open and compassionate manner.
- Capable of interacting calmly and in a supportive way with people experiencing very stressful situations.
- Able to perceive and solve problems before they become crises.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with people of varying backgrounds including guests, volunteers, coworkers, and healthcare professionals.
- Ability to enforce policies and procedures while understanding some situations require a compassionate and flexible response.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; attention to detailed record keeping required.
- Basic computer skills including, Outlook, Excel, navigating browsers; ability to learn and efficiently use organization-specific software.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with people of varying backgrounds.
- Strong people management skills to effectively direct and communicate with staff, volunteers, housekeepers, and maintenance to ensure an outstanding guest experience.
Knowledge and Practical Experience Required:
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Previous work experience in business, hospitality or human services field preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook; using browsers and other general automated software programs.
Physical And Other Requirements:
- Move swiftly through the house and on the property in order to complete rounds, place signs, set-up rooms, get supplies, assure guest safety, evaluate/respond to maintenance issues, and to respond quickly to urgent or emergency situations.
- Ability to complete a house walk-through in about 20 minutes.
- Provide Family House with necessary personal information needed in order to access and support other computer software.
- Position one’s self (for example bend, kneel, stoop, reach) in order to take care of emergency or urgent plant operations, set up guest rooms, or handle maintenance situations (e.g. flood, leaking toilet) which require an immediate response.
- Climb stairs in order to access all areas during walk-through and when elevator is not available.
- Lift, carry and/or transport up to 10 pounds and up to 25 pounds infrequently.
This position pays $15.00 an hour weekdays and $17.00 an hour Friday- Sunday.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this position. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions associated with this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.