Donor Relations & Events Coordinator
The Allegheny County Bar Foundation, a downtown Pittsburgh based charitable foundation, is accepting applications for the position of Foundation Donor Relations & Programs Coordinator, an immediate full-time opening.
The orgais the driving force in promoting justice for all and improving the community through public service law-related programs in the Pittsburgh region. The Foundation raises, manages and distributes funds, encourages and assists lawyers to provide pro bono legal services, and develops and supports public service initiatives.
The Foundation raises, manages and distributes funds, encourages and assists lawyers to provide pro bono legal services, and develops and supports public service initiatives.
The successful candidate will provide support to the Foundation’s leadership in day-to-day operations in the areas of donor relations and retention and event and project execution.
Major Duties of the Position Include:
- Creates and maintains donor database records, processes payments, and prepares reports and statistics, as needed. Also assists with donor recognition and engagement.
- Accurately determines appropriate gift designation, category and account for correct gift/pledge reporting
- Prepares agendas, minutes, and correspondence; schedules meetings and appointments and serves as liaison to committees within the organization
- Assists with event planning and execution and attends events to provide support
- Assists with grant writing and research
- Assists with content and design for reports, publications, brochures, and the ACBA website
Qualification and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required. Special consideration will be given to candidates with non-profit experience or experience in the legal field.
- Strong computer skills, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as donor database experience. Because the position uses both association membership and donation tracking software, the ability to quickly learn new software packages is a must. Experience with the non-profit donor management software Bloomerang is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to move between and prioritize tasks.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and experience with financial reconciliation.
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills. The Coordinator has extensive contact with Bar Association members and the general public and also writes letters and reports regularly.
- Financial management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to solicit, direct, and motivate volunteers.
For more information on the Bar Foundation, please visit www.acbf.org.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer. For consideration please submit resume and cover letter. No telephone calls please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.