Vice President of Global Philanthropic Engagement
This Vice President leads the organization's strategy to engage donor segments by providing high-level, executive functional direction and oversight to Compassion's philanthropic fundraising function on behalf of the ministry. He/she directs strategy and partners with Global and USA Marketing to implement innovative initiatives to draw new and existing individuals and supporter communities into further engagement with Compassion's mission and to retain and grow them as significant supporters. This leader is accountable for the organization's return on investment for all current and prospective high worth supporters in the donor segments - Principal, Major, and Mid-level donors, and sustaining donors and leads from USA Marketing. Coordination is required with Athletes, Corporations, Foundations, and Planned Giving. Further, he/she liaises with senior leaders as it relates to high touch supporter engagement for greater impact, collaboration, and efficiencies and is accountable for ensuring exceptional service and care in all supporter interactions through this division.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction and leadership through subordinate directors and managers of the team. This includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as coaching, performance management, and work direction aligned with Compassion’s global strategies.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a remote, US-based position.
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully uphold Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Act as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commit to and prioritize child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abide by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Report any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately support responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Working through subordinate directors, drive strategy for developing and maintaining high touch relationships that will in turn produce greater levels of revenue for Compassion programs
- Drive the development of multi-faceted fundraising forecasts for qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of complex portfolios of various donors and constituents of Compassion's ministry. Accountable for driving fundraising activities and ensuring achievement of revenue goals established by executive leadership through the leadership of the Principal, Major, and Mid-level donor teams and the Athlete, Corporations, Foundations, and Planned Giving Teams.
- Partner with cross functional senior leaders across Compassion divisions to create and develop major multi-year fundraising campaign capabilities and help establish strategy for successful supporter engagement initiatives. Work closely with peer groups in the Marketing and Global Program divisions as well as Finance office to achieve organizational goals in cross-functional initiatives to maximize capabilities and impact for the ministry.
- Frequently speak on behalf of Compassion or children in need to high-level/major donor constituent audiences. Target message accordingly and draw upon expert knowledge of Compassion's full breadth of new and existing products. May serve as a leader on Compassion tours and project visits, meetings, and special events to further engage constituents with Compassion’s mission and programs.
- Compile or prepare and administer the annual and re-forecasted revenue budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards in compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Select, manage and develop assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews. Support continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
What do you bring?
- Master's Degree
- Fifteen years’ people management experience in donor development/engagement
- Experience with significant revenue responsibility ($100+ million) and proven track record of revenue growth
- Certification from a nationally or internationally recognized organization in a related field preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of normal schedule
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b) retirement fund, excellent healthcare coverage, and more.
- Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Releasing Children from Poverty in Jesus' Name